Fugitive Arrested When Trying to Buy Call of Duty

IceBoneBadger

Summary

A fugitive in England went out to buy the new Call of Duty game and attacked officers who stopped to ask him questions.

Quotes

When local police spotted Butler and his friend, the pair changed direction to avoid the cops. This caught the attention of the police, who asked Butler what he was doing out and about during the pandemic-induced lockdown. He replied, “I’ve come to get the new Call of Duty because I can’t sit around in lockdown,” the West Midlands Police report.

My thoughts

Since he was serving a 17 year sentence it's plausible he was totally unaware that digital downloads were the new way of things. I suppose this goes to show what a powerful motivator boredom can be. Is there any video game that you would risk going back to jail for? I play too much World of Warcraft, but I doubt even that could get me to risk it.

Sources

https://west-midlands.police.uk/news/fugitive-armed-robber-comes-out-hiding-buy-call-duty-friend-getting-arrested-attacking-our-pcs

https://kotaku.com/bored-fugitive-caught-by-police-after-venturing-out-to-1846417080

Moved to off topic. This isn't related to tech.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Lel, the lockdown decreased his braincells at a faster rate.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

15 minutes ago, IceBoneBadger said:

Since he was serving a 17 year sentence it's plausible he was totally unaware that digital downloads were the new way of things

i highly doubt he was actually there to buy call of duty.. it's just a very plausible alibi for why he is in town, that cant really be background checked. (as opposed to 'visiting family', for example)

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i highly doubt he was actually there to buy call of duty.. it's just a very plausible alibi for why he is in town, that cant really be background checked. (as opposed to 'visiting family', for example)

Very possible, but he was breaking covid-19 lockdown protocols to be out and about. This arrest happened around the time of the upswing in the UK variant appearing. In the video you can hear the officers say "that's not approved travel." If his goal was to have a convincing alibi it would have been smarter to think of something equally plausible that was on the list of "approved travel", such as "I need to buy groceries."

8 hours ago, IceBoneBadger said:

Very possible, but he was breaking covid-19 lockdown protocols to be out and about. This arrest happened around the time of the upswing in the UK variant appearing. In the video you can hear the officers say "that's not approved travel." If his goal was to have a convincing alibi it would have been smarter to think of something equally plausible that was on the list of "approved travel", such as "I need to buy groceries."

UK doesn't have a Walmart Store? I assume this is for a Game Console and not PC? Walmart also sells food so he could just have a cart with some and then get the game.

13 hours ago, manikyath said:

Keep in mind he hasn’t even played CoD4. That’s worth buying right out of prison. 

Next in news, first person shooters create fugitive criminals who attack police! I just know they'll blame games yet again.