small line of dekstop behind apps, when in split screen

TazerXI

I was on a (zoom) call today, and had my web browser and the meeting open in the windows automatic split screen view (move a window to the edge, and it automatically resizes), and noticed a line of pixels at the bottom of my screen between my taskbar and the window form my desktop. I was wondering if anybody would know why this was. It appeared under both windows and on the side, and not when i just an one open in full screen/maximised. (The picture is a snip of the bottom of the window to show what i mean. The purple/magenta/blue is my wallpaper, the black at the bottom is the taskbar, and the grey/white is the program. It is a bit hard to see)image.thumb.png.85d4db6c3993170722592fe326722e82.png 

Quote me for an answer, and to help track conversations

PC: tuf b450m plus gaming, ryzen 5 3600, 1650 OC (gigabyte windforce), corsair vengeance 16gb @ 3200mhz

One or both aren't playing nice with Windows zoom/dpi scaling. My guess is Zoom. Pretty much any software which refuses to remember the state of last window. Zoom opens always as windowed, even when it's closed as full screen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

One or both aren't playing nice with Windows zoom/dpi scaling. My guess is Zoom. Pretty much any software which refuses to remember the state of last window. Zoom opens always as windowed, even when it's closed as full screen.

I guess, but it goes under both applications (firefox and zoom), but idk

PC: tuf b450m plus gaming, ryzen 5 3600, 1650 OC (gigabyte windforce), corsair vengeance 16gb @ 3200mhz

my windows does the same,  even with windows apps like file explorer, usually takes a bit of moving the window around to fix it - doesn't mean it won't do the same thing again, especially after a system restart .

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 3/7/2021 at 2:07 PM, Mark Kaine said:

my windows does the same,  even with windows apps like file explorer, usually takes a bit of moving the window around to fix it - doesn't mean it won't do the same thing again, especially after a system restart .

I guess. Might be a display thing idk. It doesn't happen when I move a window to one side, then windows opens a menu to select an app to go on the other side, but the top part (like the X, maximise and minimise buttons) are sort of squashed or something. I think it could be me using an ultrawide monitor