Cooling for my new build.

Dimanche

Budget (including currency): n/a

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Cyberpunk, Minecraft, rendering videos

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So far the build has/will have:

Silverstone Raven rvo5b case

Asus x470 pro mobo

Asus rtx2080 dual

4x8GB 3200 g.skill trident z

intel 660p (along with a 3tb 7200rpm drive, a 1tb 5400rpm drive, and a 520gb 2.5 sata ssd)

Ryzen 5 3600x

Stock prism cooler

Corsair Rm750 psu

Have but not installed Noctua nh-u12a

Looking to get a ryzen 9 5900x

Peripherals include:

2x samsung 27" curved 1080p monitors

Lg ultragear 27" 1440p

Goxlr -> shure sm7b

Stream deck

Vmoda m200 headphones

Razer destiny 2 edition ornata/death adder elite chroma on both

Walmart speakers ran through the goxlr with own power source

Occasionally I have a controller plugged in

My question is whether the noctua will be able to adequately cool the 5900x during a render or extending gaming session and with the aid of the case design, which rotates the mobo 90° so the I/o is facing upward and 2 180 fans pushing heat up, and which thermal paste I should go with, the noctua is currently not installed but came with it's paste smeared inside the box rather than on the cooler. I was considering using a graphene paste but that's out of my knowledge range which is why I came here. A secondary question is whether my psu will keep up, I can upgrade if need be. I put budget as non applicable because most of my parts are already purchased and I only need the processor (trying to find non gouged stock, otherwise have the money for it) and paste at this point. Any suggestions, comments, and ideas are welcome!

Edited by Dimanche
Correction for case fan size and misspelling of a word

On 3/6/2021 at 5:50 PM, IHFyrz2812 said:

What noctua are you referring to?

Noctua nh-u12a

https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12a

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER