Anything else that I need to do to transfer a GPU from an old to a new system so it acts like a brand new one?

Rxd

I will soon be building a new system but looking at the literal 0 availability of any GPUs that are better than mine at the moment in my region, I will probably not be getting a new GPU for the time being.
So is there anything else I need to do, outside of the steps I've listed below, to make sure that when I am done my GPU would act like it's brand new in the new system? edit: it's a 1070 if that matters
1) delete afterburner profiles to restore everything to default settings
2) install GPU in the new PC
3) use DDU to uninstall any driver
4) install latest drivers with default settings

Thanks in advance!

Confused, moving gpu to a different system there is no need to do any of those steps

Afterburner does not save its profiles to the gpu. If your new system does not have afterburner installed gpu will be default anyway.

Drivers are not installed onto the gpu so no need to for ddu.

Just now, C2dan88 said:

Drivers are not installed onto the gpu so no need to for ddu.

It is best to uninstall old drivers (if the new system had a graphics card or igpu installed) using DDU then installing new graphics card. Especially if you are coming from an AMD system.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@C2dan88@LeventI buy the system from a place that builds, installs windows and tests it for me so they would have to put some GPU in it to do their stuff.

Don’t “need” to do anything. Performing a clean install of the driver is all I would do. 

They may have not even put a gpu in it. Nor would you need to install anything else if they did. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

If you want to feel like new, reformat your computer and do a fresh windows install. 

IMO Reformatting is never a bad idea. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Thanks for the info @C2dan88@Levent@Mick Naughty
So once I get the new system I will just install the latest drivers with default settings and if I have issues then I would run DDU.

It will be a brand new system @Action_Johnsonit will just be missing a GPU once I get it.

6 hours ago, Rxd said:

@C2dan88@LeventI buy the system from a place that builds, installs windows and tests it for me so they would have to put some GPU in it to do their stuff.