2nd monitor not displaying when plugged in

Dell Dorado

Hello. I have a computer with a GTX 1660 super, and it has HDMI, DVI, and Display Port ports. I have the HDMI port connected to a monitor. I bought a DVI to Display Port cable, and connected the DVI part to the Graphics card, and the Display Port to the monitor, but now the monitor is not working. It says that the Display Port is inactive on the monitor, and I do not know how to fix it. Can someone please explain why this is happening? The monitor is also not detected on the Settings on Windows.
Thanks.

Hello. I have a computer with a GTX 1660 super, and it has HDMI, DVI, and Display Port ports. I have the HDMI port connected to a monitor. I bought a DVI to Display Port cable, and connected the DVI part to the Graphics card, and the Display Port to the monitor, but now the monitor is not working. It says that the Display Port is inactive on the monitor, and I do not know how to fix it. Can someone please explain why this is happening? The monitor is also not detected on the Settings on Windows. Thanks.

That cable is for connecting a DVI monitor to a DisplayPort output.

It sounds like you're trying to run a DisplayPort monitor from a DVI output which won't work.

Buy a DisplayPort cable so you can connect the DP output to the monitor properly.

5 hours ago, Dell Dorado said:

I bought a DVI to Display Port cable, and connected the DVI part to the Graphics card, and the Display Port to the monitor, but now the monitor is not working.

Read the adapter's product description