Bluetooth earphones sound like a bad radio

Hold-Ma-Beer

I recently bought a TP-Link Nano USB400 for Bluetooth connectivity in my desktop. I paired it with my existing Realme Wireless earphones.

They sounded like serious shit, with regular voice drops/artifacts every 5 seconds. I thought my usb port was bad, so I tried switching to every USB 3.0/USB 3.1 port on my PC, but no use.

Then I found out that the device is listed twice under sound section, one as Headset (Sounds like shit with continuous voice artifacts popping) and Headphones (Awesome sound quality with no mic?!)

Can anyone help me to improve the sound quality in Headset mode? If I cant use the mic, what is the point of using these earphones..

I bought a Bluetooth receiver in first place because I had issues with separate Headphone and Mic input in my Desktop -_-

That's just an inherent problem with bluetooth headsets, it needs to compromise on sound quality to get two audio streams through the same bluetooth connection. Bluetooth 5 is supposed to fix by just having higher bandwidth that but it requires both the receiver and the device to support it - as far as I can tell the receiver you bought only supports bt 4.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 2 weeks later...

@Sauron Then, if I wanted to use Discord while playing a game, I would have same results?

Because Discord will use "Headset" mode and game will use "Headphones" mode O_o

image.png.3e63a544621bbd2a773da209a4b1f975.png

On 3/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, Sauron said:

That's just an inherent problem with bluetooth headsets, it needs to compromise on sound quality to get two audio streams through the same bluetooth connection

But sometimes this issue happens in Headphones mode also (sometimes). I restart the PC and it gets resolved. I hate such artifacts in audio 😞

Looks like I'll have to search for a wired headset with separate mic and audio inputs if this continues 😞

@Sauron

Update!

I just tried the receiver on my old laptop and it worked just fine (with the same earphones)..

Now I'm confused if its my PC thats bad -_- Like have I used up too many of usb ports that this one isn't getting bandwidth or something?

I've a mouse, keyboard, controller, speaker(for usb power) plus the bluetooth connector on the front. All connected to USB 3.0 / 3.1 ... My CPU is Ryzen 3 2200G if thats helpful O_o

Just a little nitpicking, but "a bad radio" is a bit of a useless analogy since radios can suck in a lot of different ways depending on which stage has an issue. Maybe this analogy means more to people who don't deal with radio equipment on a regular basis, but it could mean a lot of different things to me.

6 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

the bluetooth connector

As I said, the bluetooth adapter you bought does not support bluetooth 5. Maybe your laptop does.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 3/15/2021 at 5:56 PM, Sauron said:

As I said, the bluetooth adapter you bought does not support bluetooth 5. Maybe your laptop does.

But my laptop is like a 2012 mini laptop..

It has BT 4.0 just verified :V