Verified Actual Gamer Program Information [See Best Answer / 2021-10-08 update]

Padblaze
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

*** IMPORTANT *** LATEST INFO ***

Latest drop was made 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

The drop is over, we have no info about when, what or where the next will be. Follow LinusTechTips on Youtube for any new drops.

EXPECTED TO DROP NEXT:

• Intel Arc GPUs (hinted at Dec 24th WAN Show)

About shipping and handling

• Handling times seem to be 1 week from drop to shipping label created.
  • Shipping times depend on carrier. For outside of NA, the carrier is FedEx and shipping times seem to be regular 5-14 days. For US and Canada, the shipping times might be same, or even longer.
  • Any additional charges, like customs fees and local VAT are paid on entry to country. There has been variation between countries to whom payments are made (FedEx on delivery, FedEx to their office, custom directly), so contact your local FedEx or customs offices for more details on those.

Known drops:

1. Asus 3070, 3080 and 3090, 2021-03-20 17:40 UTC

Spoiler

2. MSI 3080 SeaHawk, 2021-03-30 16:59 UTC

Spoiler

3. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 2021-04-09 00:59 UTC

Spoiler

4. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-24 01:57 UTC / During WAN Show

Spoiler

5. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-26 17:05 UTC

Spoiler

vag2.thumb.PNG.ddd1ef7594273016c360771a196baf6a.PNGvag.PNG.6b7b0a1f9d7fc091e7b30720625e99f8.PNG

6. EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming / RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra, 2021-05-06 20:29 UTC

Spoiler

7. MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X OC, 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

$1589.99

Spoiler

PARTICIPATION ENDED! If you are local to LMG (Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, Canada), you can participate to this https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

Announced in WAN Show https://youtu.be/-qj6hkLkdYg?t=2450

The even video (also 6th drop video)

FAQ

How do I enter? Can I enter? Where to signup?

You don't. All information about the drops are posted to Youtube and are hidden in videos. So far all drops have been on LinusTechTips main channel.

UPDATE: One of the drops was made live, during the WAN Show on Fridays. Until now there has been no drops on Friday or weekends.

UPDATE: For limited time, you can participate with local event https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

I watched the video, but there were no information. Where do I find this?

The information about the drop is removed from video after the drop is over.

When are videos posted?

At the moment LMG is using their regular timeslot which is 10-11AM PST (17-18 UTC).

UPDATE: LMG has posted in different timeslot to allow those in school or working chance.

How does this work?

So far the known information is following:

• Video is posted on Youtube and Floatplane at the same time.
  • There's segment in video where Linus gives a hint about what link you need to use in order to enter. The hints are words and Linus uses his fingers to state what parts of the link they are. The links start with http://www.lttstore.com/. Link is temporary and will only show note about drop ending afterwards.
    • UPDATE: Previously there was actual cut-scene, latest drop had just voice-over during b-roll.
  • There will be challenge on store page.
    • The first two drops had 15 question quiz about video games. You have 3 lives and 3-4 options to choose from. Fastest to finish will get their chance to buy items.
      • Besides 3 lives, you can skip 2 questions.
      • The latest drop had questions in video format with some answers shown as "A/B/C/D" and some as written normally.
    • UPDATE: Latest drop had small flash game in style of Jump King / Icy Tower.
  • Item of the drop is shown on store page before taking the quiz. You will see the price and other details too.
  • UPDATE: After completing challenge, you are put onto queue with AFK meter to prevent idling. Forgetting to re-charge bar will drop you at the tail end of the line
  • Prices are before VAT, tariffs etc. and shown in USD. Price after tariffs (US only) are shown on page.
  • You are allowed to buy one CPU and one GPU from this event. (Source)

Can you tell me when the next drop is?

No, because we don't know.

I'm at school/sleeping/working/have other reasons and can't watch at current time slot.

Linus has said that they will at some point use different time slot. What it is, we don't know. UPDATE: The time slot for later time was 12PM-1AM UTC.

Why can't they have link or more information somewhere?

Because the whole point is make this as hard as possible for anyone but the absolute most dedicated fans.

Why they don't collect list of people? Why aren't forum members, Floatplane subscribers etc. prioritized?

List wouldn't do anything. There would still need to be draw of sort needed, and the list would consist more of non-gamers the longer it was left open. Prioritizing forum members would discriminate towards other parts of audience.

Having payment as requirement to join or as something making "winning" more likely is classified as lottery under laws. This would require permit, it would exclude several regions which require local permits or don't allow any lottery, and it would put age limit of 19 years in place.

Can I try quiz afterwards?

At the moment, no. But there might be site at some point after event ends.

Posts made by Luke and Linus.

Spoiler

WAN Show segments

Spoiler

WAN Show Jun 4, 2021

26:25 - 27:10 "We currently have no stock, but the program is still on"

1:23:00 - 1:23:30 One board partner with some 3080Ti's coming

WAN Show April 23, 2021

17:43 - 34:43 VAG Drop live on stream

43:15 - 44:50 VAG drop is over, hinted about 270 more cards

1:16:40 - 1:17:44 Some last minute info

WAN Show April 16, 2021

1:36:30 Super-chats

WAN Show April 9, 2021

13:20 - 13:40 The latest drop info
40:50 - 43:55 The local event info
1:15:35 - 1:17:34 Super-chats #1
1:24:25 - 1:24:47 Super-chats #2
1:25:47 - 1:26:07 Super-chats #3

WAN Show August 27, 2021

1:05:40 - Super-chats

WAN Show October 8, 2021

2:06:20 - Super-chats

Here Linus says that Verified Actual Gamer program would be suspended until further notice. Reason given was that retail prices are about same as so-called "scalper prices". Making the program pointless.

WAN Show December 24, 2021

1:09:10 onward

To be updated

Misc:

Im new to the forum but have been following LTT for years. And I know a lot of people say it but the amount of effort linus and linus media group are putting in to this program is amazing and I hope this pays them back in spades for helping the community out during this current gpu shortage. 

45 minutes ago, Zwarpshade said:

Im new to the forum but have been following LTT for years. And I know a lot of people say it but the amount of effort linus and linus media group are putting in to this program is amazing and I hope this pays them back in spades for helping the community out during this current gpu shortage. 

Same here. Thank you for doing this Linus and LTT.  You are attempting to do something that most retailers and manufacturers have yet to figure out, and we appreciate it.  Those who are getting salty over this are too selfish to see that this is an attempt to help get MSRP GPUs in our hands over the miners and scalpers out there.  I would hope that they are a minority (although super vocal), and that they don't speak for the rest of us.

I do wonder about the "verified" aspect of this.  My current build will be the first desktop PC I have had in at least a decade, and the first I have ever built for the purpose of gaming/VR.  Other than many many hours on the Railroad Tycoon series, I have been primarily a console gamer. 

I would like to know, if for shipping we will be able to select a private shipper (UPS/Fedex) paying, of course

Because having the package lost/damaged/delayed with national postal services with some clothes/merch is not a big problem, but with the price of the parts (800-1500 USD) paying 50-100ish USD to be on the safe side would put ease to the mind

I wonder if they'll accept my /played time in wow of 495 days, 22 hours and 49 minutes would be enough to verify my gamer status. 

I also have something like 500 hours in Destiny 2 on Steam. 

I have Cyberpunk 2077 but it doesn't play well and isn't good experience. Years and ago when NVidia first released Gsync, I was lucky enough to have won the first 4k Gsync monitor. At the time I powered it with 2X 980's. I've since upgraded to a single 1080ti but my 1080ti simply cannot run Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k. I either have to reduce the resolution or.. hopefully upgrade to a 3080.

When you open your distributor page and wanna check the GPU availability and this happens, that's when you know the stuff is crazy

inventory.jpg

For those who wonder what is wrong with this picture, it's not only the RTX series that are gone, it's the GTX 1000 series AND 900 series. Just think on that for a moment. I can't even replace a GPU if a client of mine decides to RMA it. Nice job, miner f***ers, nice job. All i wanted was an RX 6800 XT for about $650-$700.

Btw last week newegg returned my money, cause for 3 moths the card i ordered was with status preparing.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

4 minutes ago, AlexP11223 said:

It's not just miners.

I guess scalpers as well, but those cards (GTX 960/970/980/1060/1070/1080) aren't appearing on the 2nd hand market or other online shops and trying to export them is even more ridiculous, cause the price will basically increase with another 50%. Who would pay $800 for a GTX 1070 ?!

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Just now, QuantumSingularity said:

I guess scalpers as well

And lots of issues caused by COVID: factory shutdowns, transportation issues, increased demand because more people decided to buy/upgrade computers.

The shortage of chips affects even cars.

6 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Nice job, miner f***ers, nice job

Soooo people that are mining on cards that they've had for a while? 

I feel like you have some misguided anger here.

I can't even replace a GPU if a client of mine decides to RMA it.

RMA is handled through the manufacturer.... You'll still get them through EVGA, MSI etc.

All i wanted was an RX 6800 XT for about $650-$700.

They're not that bad to get really. Even without buying from scalpers.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

12 hours ago, zushiba said:

I wonder if they'll accept my /played time in wow of 495 days, 22 hours and 49 minutes would be enough to verify my gamer status. 

I also have something like 500 hours in Destiny 2 on Steam. 

I have Cyberpunk 2077 but it doesn't play well and isn't good experience. Years and ago when NVidia first released Gsync, I was lucky enough to have won the first 4k Gsync monitor. At the time I powered it with 2X 980's. I've since upgraded to a single 1080ti but my 1080ti simply cannot run Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k. I either have to reduce the resolution or.. hopefully upgrade to a 3080.

How many FPS on Cyberpunk? Curious.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Plays great on my 3090 and 3080. 1440p is the sweet spot for Cyberpunk

Windows 10 Latest Build
RAID 0 Samsung SSD 970 2tb EVO's (4Tb Store)
RTX 3090
9900k DELIDDED with custom copper Rockitcool @ 5ghz 
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile
Phanteks PH-P1200PS 80+ Platinum - Built-in Power Splitter 1200W Fully Modular

Z390 DESIGNARE (rev. 1.0)
Top Mon #2 ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q | NVIDIA G-Sync 100hz

Bottom Mon #1 Alienware Overclocked Refresh Rate #AW3418DW G-Sync 120hz

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

20 minutes ago, thedarkdad3 said:

Plays great on my 3090 and 3080. 1440p is the sweet spot for Cyberpunk

what fps do u have with a 3080 on 1440p max settings with ray tracing

9 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I guess scalpers as well, but those cards (GTX 960/970/980/1060/1070/1080) aren't appearing on the 2nd hand market or other online shops and trying to export them is even more ridiculous, cause the price will basically increase with another 50%. Who would pay $800 for a GTX 1070 ?!

Someone who actually needs it.

Its the same story as ever, if prices are artificially suppressed you have bread lines.

Unless you are the make a wish foundation, gaming isn't charity.

32 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

it’s gonna make sense to buy these GPUs for Americans even with the 25% tariff

What do you mean? There is no choice, you can't buy GPUs in US without tariffs, the same as you can't buy almost any product in EU without VAT. The only way to buy without tariffs is maybe to find the ones that were imported in 2020 or buy used, which ofc is not likely for GPUs right now.

On 3/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, Padblaze said:

do you remember when he said that please?

It was WAN show (first mention about VAG) two weeks ago, maybe tree? Don’t have the time stamp. It went something like this:

- resister at ltt store dot com bla bla bla first come first serve...

I will try to find it. By the way keep in mind that it was Linus, and he has a small tendency to say something that’s not quite, how do I put it, 100% accurate or with no “wiggle room” 😆

On 3/20/2021 at 12:48 AM, Burgerbob said:

I totally get it. Canada always gets screwed in every market by American buyers scooping up Canadian supply chains.As an American I would totally understand if they just did it for Canada, it would be nice for you guys and easier for LTT

Yes indeed, but there is one thing 

Companies that agreed to supply the stuff have their own agenda (advertising that they are do care about gamers) with pinch of corporate greed. Yes they got the money but publicly they want too.

I will not believe that manufactures gives a 🐼 🍑 about gamers as long as they get 💰

On 3/20/2021 at 10:44 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Milk it? ... So please explain what you mean by "milking".

I think he meant that Linus will be milked dry (not in nasty way) by Yvonne for spilling beans again, especially after stonks oof 😆

On 3/20/2021 at 1:38 PM, AlexP11223 said:

I guess he meant that more people now watch every LTT video.

Yup, same for techquickie and all the other channels as they didn't even specify which channel the announcement video will go up on. I'm all for LTT gaining publicity from this but they've been very slow to release any updates on the program and seem to just not care about the effort people are putting in to try and get one of the handful of cards available. The least they could do is keep people updated, waiting days after their own deadline to tell people it's been indefinitely postponed isn't right.

12 hours ago, Drek said:

Yup, same for techquickie and all the other channels as they didn't even specify which channel the announcement video will go up on. ...

In the first announcement (3 weeks ago) Linus said that this first batch will be done on LTT videos. Any following, they might switch it up, but in that case you would be informed about that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well it’s live! Good luck everyone!

Man, I hate the tariffs (I know it’s not LTT’s fault in the slightest, it’s the US gov…)

I can barely justify the $899 of the Asus card, but I think $1124.99 with the tariffs is more than I can swallow right now. Maybe I’ll wait for a bit longer or try and grab an FE from Best Buy. 

So is anyone else stuck on vaidating?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Just now, Nexxus said:

Yep

Just now, Nexxus said:

Yeah. I wanted to take the quiz just to see how far I’d get, but after seeing the price with tariffs I don’t think I’ll check out. 

stuck on validation for a minute, got this after f5:

All inventory is currently reserved.
Items may become available should reservations fall through.
Please wait a moment.

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Same here.  A bunch of people in the LTT discord are having the same issue.

Alright well I think I got in pretty early... stuck on validating. Fingers crossed.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless