Looking to upgrade from i7 3770k...or wait for upcoming CPU launches???

Budget (including currency): Max budget of $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Battlefield 5 and upcoming, Anno 1800, Civ6 and new version, Medieval (steam). WoW, )) at 1440p maybe 4k at 100MHZ-125MHZ

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Will keep using 1080ti EVGA FTW 3 for now. Have keyboard, mouse, monitor(s), speakers, DAC, and headphones.

I currently have a i7 3770k @ 3.50GHZ with DDR3 16gb (not sure about speed of DDR3), 64 bit OS, ASROCK Z77 Extreme 3. I use two monitors one is a Asus  MX279 27inch 1080 designo and the other is also an Asus brand ROG Swift 27inch PG278QR 2560x1440 @165hz.

First PC I built back late 2012 while working as QA for SOE San Diego on Planet Side 2 (my name is in the credits ...yay)

I'm probably overdue for an upgrade and I was set on getting (see attachment) the 5600X but recently saw a video from Techdeals about the i9 -9000k since it has 2 more cores and similar price and got me thinking maybe team blue...

Looks like intel is launching a new CPU at the end of the month and AMD sometime in 2022. I'm hoping that team red on AM5 will also give costumers the upgrade path people enjoyed on Zen 4 and it sounds like with Intel's new launch this month their CPU will have backwards compatibility too. If soo I dont mind too much waiting.

For now my PC does what I need but I would like to play a higher resolutions, more fps, be able to connect current peripheral w/o scarifying speeds due to limitations of usbs from 2012, and ultimately get a 3070-3080 and game on a  32-39inchUltrawide at 1440 at high refresh rate (125-145Mhz)  and have a secondary  27 inch 4k IPS monitor that can do 100Mhz

Thank you in advance!

System Builder - Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core, Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker.pdf

Edited by AlexDesertDunes
forgot to add monitors and monitors I would like to get.

Given current AMD cpu availability it only makes sense to wait.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.