Looking for help selecting a motherboard

Budget (including currency):  £300 - £350 based on based on online prices

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General home use, web browsing, video streaming and playing DVDs.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Upgrading from a Dell Vostro 220, due to age will need all new parts, have not selected specific components but do have specs in mind and planing to reuse old peripherals. Planing to use 2 x 4gb 3000 RAM and a GT 710, and resolution of 1080 and 60Hz.

Hello everyone.

I've been out the loop with computer tech for longer than i would like think about but after watching Linus and co for about the last year and a half I finally feel ready to dive back in and help my parents update an older desktop computer they use as a general use and entertainment machine.  I'd prefer to do an AMD based self build and I've found what seems to be a good deal on several Ryzen 3 3300x + motherboard bundles in the UK from the same seller. I know their hard come by though all available indicators show that they have the 3300x's bundles actually in stock in stock.

The company I'm looking to buy from is ccl computers in the UK more specifically their ebay store and yes I have checked its really their's by contacting the company about it through their website. All indicators seem to show them to be a reliable business and going through ebay and paypal offers another layer of security. The only reason I can see that they haven't been snapped up is that their per-assembled though that seems pretty flimsy to me.    

I'm particularly interested in their b450 and x470 bundles and have made a short list based on whats in my budget range, but I'm not sure which motherboard option would give the best value for the money so I hope someone here can help me pick one out or at least some pointers on what to look for.  In particular I'm looking for a board that would support further upgrades and expansion in the future.

The motherboards are the following.

Gigabyte B450 Gaming X Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE Motherboard
MSI B450-A PRO MAX Motherboard
MSI B450M MORTAR MAX Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Motherboard
Gigabyte B450M GAMING Motherboard
Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX Motherboard
ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING  ATX

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Edited by Star-Knight
Updated spec

What gpu are being paired with the 3300X?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I'm thinking of using a GT 710 for immediate use and maybe upgrading later, my parents are happy with a 1080 resolution so I'm not looking to get anything super powerful.

Thought if you have a suggestion on alternatives I'm all ears, I really don't want to be the stupid idiot that rejects good ideas just because I'm to fixated on my own ideas. 

I've updated my original post with this info

Of the list the B450M Mortar Max  or the X470 Gaming Plus Max would be my recommendation. Mostly because the vrm are better and able to support a cpu upgrade should it ever happen.

Thanks for the recommendations brob, I presume I would need to flash a BIOS update for the Ryzen 5000? Also do you have any idea how the ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming compares with the vrm? It seems to a big selling point that the ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming has higher spec parts and I've been wondering how much of that was just marketing fluff.  

The TUF B450-Plus would be fine for anything up to a 3600X.  I've always liked Asus motherboards. They are good quality and have a nice BIOS. As to TUF, mostly marketing.

Motherboards manufactured after cpu release generally ship with a supporting BIOS. But it is a good idea to check first.

If the TUF B450-Plus would be fine for anything up to a 3600X I take it wouldn't be much good for Ryzen 5000 CPUs?

Speaking of which, if I understood your previous posts correctly the B450M Mortar Max and the X470 Gaming Plus Max should be able to handle them?

I apologize for asking so many questions on things you've already answered, I'm still a little apprehensive about actuality pulling the trigger on buying new parts. Still, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, I just hope I break the right eggs.       

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to models as opposed to generations. The 5600X is a 65W part like the 3600X. It would be fine on the motherboard.

Thanks for the clarification.

If I've got things right now the B450M Mortar Max and x470 Gaming Plus Max would be a joint first choice with the TUF B450-PLUS GAMING in second or third place?