Not Able to Enter BIOS After CPU Upgrade

stevewonders27

I recently started the upgrade process on a budget PC build that started with a new CPU. I made sure that my motherboard (indicated below) would be able to support a new AMD cpu. I flashed the BIOS to support the new CPU, the version is shown in the picture attached. However when I got my new CPU and installed it, my monitor displayed the message 'input not supported' for a few seconds before loading into the OS. It seems that whenever the BIOS is supposed to be displayed, that message appears on my monitor. When I restart and spam the delete key, or launch into the BIOS using the Advanced Windows Restart, I get the display saying 'input not supported'. I have gone through multiple troubleshooting processes that I have found, which included resetting the BIOS to default values via the Clear CMOS Button. I see that there is a new BIOS update available for my motherboard which appears to have more support for my CPU, however I am not able to install it because I cannot enter my BIOS. I have read that I might have to install my old CPU (Ryzen 3 1200x) to enter the BIOS, but I will only do that as a last resort if I've done all that I can try. Anything helps! 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (Old CPU is Ryzen 3 1200x)

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus (BIOS Version A.K1 released 12/22/2020)

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB

PSU: EVGA 500w 

Screenshot_52.png

Screenshot_51.png

Your system has AK1, released 22 Dec 2020? 

Your other screenshot makes it look like you need AK2, released 04 Feb 2021. Are you sure you put the correct BIOS on the motherboard?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Your system has AK1, released 22 Dec 2020? 

Your other screenshot makes it look like you need AK2, released 04 Feb 2021. Are you sure you put the correct BIOS on the motherboard?

Ah, that might be the issue. For some reason that BIOS update I installed is no longer on the downloads page, so I cannot reference it anymore. I do remember checking if that update would support the next gen Ryzen CPU's, and it appeared so. Regardless, to update the BIOS to the AK2, would I need to install my old CPU to access the BIOS again?

3 minutes ago, stevewonders27 said:

Ah, that might be the issue. For some reason that BIOS update I installed is no longer on the downloads page, so I cannot reference it anymore. I do remember checking if that update would support the next gen Ryzen CPU's, and it appeared so. Regardless, to update the BIOS to the AK2, would I need to install my old CPU to access the BIOS again?

I don't see a BIOS flashback button, so more than likely you would need to put your old CPU back in.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

I don't see a BIOS flashback button, so more than likely you would need to put your old CPU back in.

Okay, thank you for the help!