Force signal out through one other port (DP) from my GPU (1660)

ikarycs

Hello everyone. this is my 1st post here I believe, please if anyone could help me regarding my issue I'll appreciate it.

I have my main hdmi monitor but I also happen to have an old monitor which only have vga connection and I only have DisplayPorts available , so I decided to buy one adapter with active signal conversion (digital to analog) but my nvidia control panel doesn't detect it, I'm somewhat sure the adapter is fine and is the correct one since the product reviews had a lot of ppl saying it worked perfectly.

So I'd like to know if I can like deceive my graphic card into making it believe I have some other monitor connected so it sends signal at any given or custom resolution and hz, perhaps the adapter this way will just convert the signal it is receiving and do pass signal traffic to my monitor. That's a workaround scenario in my head ofc, if this is possible please lmk how, or if there is any other solution also lmk.

ty

Honestly it sounds like your adapter or the displayport isn't working properly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

well I bought 2, 1 cheap 1st which I thought well its cheap prob I got scammed, then I went into a high rated adapter with lots of feedback just to be sure and it didn't work either. idk what to do =/

I have 3 free DP slots, none onf them work, never used them so I highly doubt they could be damaged at the same time, except for the hdmi one that works just fine on my main monitor (4 ports total, 1 hdmi + 3DP)

Hello everyone. please if anyone could help me regarding my issue I'll appreciate it.

I would like to know if it is possible to force my GPU (1660) to send custom signal through a free displayport in my card via regedit (I have 3 free DP rn plus 1 hdmi which is the one on my main monitor, 4 total)

I also need to set the custom resolution/hz that will be sent to match such monitor

Also if its possible to determine which port is which? like: send digital signal through Display port 3, I'd like to know too please

apparently it was doable before according to this info I found through google: http://www.gamesdust.nl/index.php?id=247 ,though it didnt work for me maybe because the post is too old and things might have changed, idk.

The problem is that my monitor is not being detected by nvidia control panel "set up multiple displays" but im sure the monitor works be cause it works just fine on other pc that had it conected since long time ago, so perhaps is some sort of handshake between the monitor and the graphic card, and I want to see if just by sending it signal it will react or something.

deeply thanks for anyone willing to help me here 🙂
thanks for reading

-= Topics Merged =-

Do not post topics more than once. This is not reddit.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER