Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ryzen 9 3900XT only reporting half cores and threads?

Hello everyone,

I recently had to RMA my Ryzen 9 3900XT and got a Ryzen 5 3600 for the meantime as im work from home. I got my replacement processor in and installed it, however CPU-ID and task Manager is only detecting 6c/12t instead of the on the Ryzen 9 3900XT 12c/24t.

I reset my motherboard to default settings but am stuck for what else to do next... any suggestions would be great!

image.png

does the machine otherwise detect it correctly outside cpu-z

I don't see anywhere that it says 6C/12T - CPU-Z shows 12-Core Processor. If you open Task Manager, right-click the graph, and select "Logical Processors", does it show 6 or 2 separate graphs?

I am currently annoyed at Apple for making a stupid incompatibility between their iMac G5 ALS 1.8 GHz and iMac G5 ALS 2 GHz logic board models.

820-1540-A, while the same form factor (and is 95% compatible) does not work interchangeably with 820-1747-A because one has pins and one has pin sockets.

Blarg.

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

CPU-Z shows 12-Core Processor.

Wrong, it shows a six-core twelve-thread in the bottom right corner. The "12-Core" is just part of the displayed name.

Go to msconfig. Do you happen to have these things checked? Especially the one on the left. If so, un-check these and reboot.

msconfig.PNG.a6c5e5c9378b078771d5f18acfd5b307.PNG