Pc Crashing when opening certain games

Dragon_2890
Go to solution Solved by Dragon_2890,

Hello! Thank you all for helping me so much! I have figured it out and it is all working, turns out a bios update did the trick!!!!!!

so i have a 5600x and a gtx 1050 and when i open certain games like apex, fortnite, spellbreak, and black desert my pc crashes. no blue screen just black then a reboot. i am really confused by this and i am getting SUPER agitated as this has blocked me from playing with friends and such, and has gone on since i got this pc around Christmas. I am planning to get a 3070 when i can grab one, would this solve the problem or is this something more serious? 

A hard crash like that typically indicates a hardware problem, such as an inadequate PSU, or a configuration error such as a very unstable overclock.

Is this a pre-built, or did you assemble it? Full specs would be appreciated.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

1 minute ago, Kid.Lazer said:

A hard crash like that typically indicates a hardware problem, such as an inadequate PSU, or a configuration error such as a very unstable overclock.

Is this a pre-built, or did you assemble it? Full specs would be appreciated.

i built this myself

it has a ryzen 5 5600x

32gb of ram at 3200 (XMP)

800 watt psu 

coolermaster air cooler

asus b500-a

segate 2tb hard drive and a samsung 1tb evo pro

in a asus tuf gt 501 case

could it be the XMP?

PSU wattage checks out. Is it also a reputable brand/model? It's wicked overkill for your current config, so I don't expect that to be the issue, unless it's a lemon.

I like to start at the basics with troubleshooting. Boot into Memtest86+ and make sure your system passes with flying colors.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

Do your GPU fans go full speed when you black screen and do you need to do a hard reboot?

11 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

PSU wattage checks out. Is it also a reputable brand/model? It's wicked overkill for your current config, so I don't expect that to be the issue, unless it's a lemon.

I like to start at the basics with troubleshooting. Boot into Memtest86+ and make sure your system passes with flying colors.

its a corsair like rmx psu that i bought to supply a 3070/3080

also which link do i download from?

11 hours ago, SmoothOperat0r said:

Do your GPU fans go full speed when you black screen and do you need to do a hard reboot?

i never need to do a hard reboot the password screen always comes up after 2 or so seconds and my gpu fans speed is, from what i can tell after videoing them,  the same throughout

could this be a bottleneck problem?  

Depending on your skill level, either the Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip) to install on your own drive, or just the Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 7/8/10).

On 3/6/2021 at 4:50 AM, Dragon_2890 said:

i never need to do a hard reboot the password screen always comes up after 2 or so seconds and my gpu fans speed is, from what i can tell after videoing them,  the same throughout

could this be a bottleneck problem?  

So are you saying your system auto-reboots? No hard lock or blue screen, but restarts right back into Windows? Does your event viewer show anything? We're looking for Kernel-Power events and any other information around that immediate moment that might give us a clue.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Depending on your skill level, either the Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip) to install on your own drive, or just the Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 7/8/10).

So are you saying your system auto-reboots? No hard lock or blue screen, but restarts right back into Windows? Does your event viewer show anything? We're looking for Kernel-Power events and any other information around that immediate moment that might give us a clue.

it says the application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the Com Server application with CLSID and at the bottom it says the permission can be changed in component services how do i do this as looking at the component manager i cant see anything that would lead me to the permissions

Im experiencing the same problem. Got a new rig which i put together a couple of moths ago.

SPECS:
AMD 5800x

Asus Rog Strix B550-F

HyperX 3600MHz CL17 4x8GB

Corsair Force MP510 series M.2 SSD 960GB

NZXT Kraken X53 CPU cooler

Geforce GTX 1060 (Planning on upgrading this into a 3070 or 3080 when i can get a hand on one...)

Corsair CX750M, 750W PSU (Got an order on the way for a Phanteks Revolt Pro 850W so i can have a modular PSU with a passive fan)

Sometimes, for some certain games (Rust and LoL) the computer just reboots when going into loadingscreen or during loadingscreen.

I tried with one RAM stick at a time to see if maybe one of them where defected. Also Tried with my old sticks which i know works. The problem still occurs. But thats the problem, i can play league for hours and then just at random, (during loadingscreen) it just crashes and start rebooting. And once that happens it will most likely happen again and again after trying to start the game several times.

Yesterday i Noticed that even watching HBO for about 10 minutes makes the computer start rebooting. Its so wierd and frustrating!

I watched the info of load and such from MSI Afterburner and NZXT CAM to see if there was a temperatur-, power or maybe memoryspike. Nothing everything is even and the temps are low.

800W for a 1050? That's overkill on top of an overkill. I have 750W for my RTX 3080. 

Is your PSU real 800W with 80plus rating or fake 800W?

16 minutes ago, Enivoke said:

800W for a 1050? That's overkill on top of an overkill. I have 750W for my RTX 3080. 

Is your PSU real 800W with 80plus rating or fake 800W?

real 800 W 80+ gold i got it as i was planning to get a 3080

On 3/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, Kid.Lazer said:

I have found a Kernel-power event id 41 after triggering a shutdown!

3 hours ago, Dragon_2890 said:

I have found a Kernel-power event id 41 after triggering a shutdown!

I cannot precisely tell you the reason but I get this too with certain configurations... random reboots, BSODs, freezing, black screens etc,  for example I got it more with a bequiet 700w psu than with a bequiet 500w psu,  which doesn't really make sense, is a fact either way...

How I fixed it is kinda funny and not sure how replicable is, in short I removed windows update orchestrator and I have zero random reboots, crashes etc with that configuration,  and it *is* 100% replicable on my machine. 

Due to the research I made this seems to be an issue with power delivery on windows 10 with Ryzen cpus specifically,  but can happen with Intel cpus too. 

So you're going to have to start swapping parts,  psu will most likely not be it though,  I'd start with the motherboard,  and make sure it has latest applicable bios and chipset drivers, also use windows balanced power plan. 

I'm not saying that'll fix it, I'm just telling you what in my experience is the issue  (power delivery, Windows not playing nicely with AMD,  in the end this is a software issue,  that allegedly can be overcome with hardware changes however)

BTW, I hope you made it until here, in your case it could be as simple as disabling 'C-states'.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/kernel-power-41-after-installing-new-ryzen-9-3900x-b550-board.3640195/

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I cannot precisely tell you the reason but I get this too with certain configurations... random reboots, BSODs, freezing, black screens etc,  for example I got it more with a bequiet 700w psu than with a bequiet 500w psu,  which doesn't really make sense, is a fact either way...

How I fixed it is kinda funny and not sure how replicable is, in short I removed windows update orchestrator and I have zero random reboots, crashes etc with that configuration,  and it *is* 100% replicable on my machine. 

Due to the research I made this seems to be an issue with power delivery on windows 10 with Ryzen cpus specifically,  but can happen with Intel cpus too. 

So you're going to have to start swapping parts,  psu will most likely not be it though,  I'd start with the motherboard,  and make sure it has latest applicable bios and chipset drivers, also use windows balanced power plan. 

I'm not saying that'll fix it, I'm just telling you what in my experience is the issue  (power delivery, Windows not playing nicely with AMD,  in the end this is a software issue,  that allegedly can be overcome with hardware changes however)

BTW, I hope you made it until here, in your case it could be as simple as disabling 'C-states'.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/kernel-power-41-after-installing-new-ryzen-9-3900x-b550-board.3640195/

after disabling global c states are there any more i should disable as i couldn't find any more and i still got the crashing error

after looking in event viewer it said that some permissions could be changed in component services could that be anything?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Thank you all for helping me so much! I have figured it out and it is all working, turns out a bios update did the trick!!!!!!