RX 570 running hotter for no reason.

Asagrim_

Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well.

My RX 570 Gaming X has been getting unusually hot for some reason. I used to get around 55-65 C under full load in games like CoD BOCW, Witcher 3, Battlefront 2 and Monster Hunter World. Never once did it exceed 65 C. 

I went to visit family for a week and when I came back my temps were around 5-10 C hotter when gaming. I just got done playing BOCW and my GPU was sitting at 75 C when I finally decided to switch off. Idle temps are around 5 C warmer too (around 30-31).

I already tried cleaning out any dust and reseating the card. I have 6 120mm fans in my case and good cable management. My drivers and Windows are also up to date. I have checked for malware with multiple programs and used CCleaner. I monitor background processes as well, and everything is exactly the same as I left it. Ambient temperatures are about 3-4 C less than they were when I left (during a heat wave).

CPU temps are also perfect (never exceeding 52C under full load). 

I’m deeply confused and paranoid about my hardware. Any possible answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

Uhm, what? You shut down your PC because of 75°C? 75°C for any component (CPU or GPU) is perfectly fine, nothing to worry about at all. That is far from dangerous. 

I’ve seen a lot of people saying similar things, I’m just confused as to why it’s 10 C hotter than normal. I’d prefer it to be at 65 like it used to. For my sanity’a sake.

Just now, Benji said:

Is it maybe summer where you are?

Yeah, but we’re going into Autumn/Fall now. In the past we had days where it was 33 C outside and my GPU maxed out at 65, and today when I tested it, it was 25 C outside and I hit 75 C. Makes no sense to me.

Could be the latest AMD driver update but I’m really not sure.