Best black PBT keycaps?

Avocheeseado

I have recently got a new keyboard (Logitech G Pro) with GX blue switches. I would like to upgrade the keycaps to some Black Double Shot PBT keycaps. These would need to be the ISO layout.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Are those the cherry clones? If they are custom they are very few replacement keycaps available.  

3 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

I have recently got a new keyboard (Logitech G Pro) with GX blue switches. I would like to upgrade the keycaps to some Black Double Shot PBT keycaps. These would need to be the ISO layout.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

The G Pro uses a non standard bottom row as well as a few others, so there is no key cap set out there specifically designed just for this. I have a G Pro X keyboard and ordered some of these for the replacements on the board: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VN5X4F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Other than this, any PBT keycaps will work just fine. I personally love pudding caps myself. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Are those the cherry clones? If they are custom they are very few replacement keycaps available.  

Yes they are cherry clones. Why is it that there are so few keycaps for them?

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The G Pro uses a non standard bottom row as well as a few others, so there is no key cap set out there specifically designed just for this. I have a G Pro X keyboard and ordered some of these for the replacements on the board: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B084VN5X4F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Other than this, any PBT keycaps will work just fine. I personally love pudding caps myself. 

What about these, Razer PBT Keycap Upgrade Set - Classic Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081K5DPWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_C0XDGEXCH0EZZVRDAB47

It seems like they come with all keys for iso or ansi

2 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

What about these, Razer PBT Keycap Upgrade Set - Classic Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081K5DPWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_C0XDGEXCH0EZZVRDAB47

It seems like they come with all keys for iso or ansi

I had a set of those and hated them. I threw them out immediately. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I had a set of those and hated them. I threw them out immediately. 

What was wrong with them?

1 minute ago, Avocheeseado said:

What was wrong with them?

Did not feel good to the fingers, extremely hard to put on the switches. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Did not feel good to the fingers, extremely hard to put on the switches. 

Did they feel very different to other PBT keycaps? They have good reviews but some of them say that they snapped or were really hard to put on

Just now, Avocheeseado said:

Did they feel very different to other PBT keycaps? They have good reviews but some of them say that they snapped or were really hard to put on

I don't have a ton of experience with keycaps per say, so I am not a good judge for comparing them. I love my Hyper X pudding caps, even though they're a thicker ABS. I can only give you my subjective opinion on them compared to my Pudding caps and the PBT ones that came on my Corsair K95 Platinum XT. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I don't have a ton of experience with keycaps per say, so I am not a good judge for comparing them. I love my Hyper X pudding caps, even though they're a thicker ABS. I can only give you my subjective opinion on them compared to my Pudding caps and the PBT ones that came on my Corsair K95 Platinum XT. 

Ok, i might give them a go and see what they are like. I can always send them back. Which keys are not standard on the g pro keyboard? 

7 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

Ok, i might give them a go and see what they are like. I can always send them back. Which keys are not standard on the g pro keyboard? 

The ones linked on the amazon post from earlier. It uses the same layout as the 610 Orion did so those keycaps will work to replace the stock ones. They do ship from China so it may take a few weeks to arrive. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The ones linked on the amazon post from earlier. It uses the same layout as the 610 Orion did so those keycaps will work to replace the stock ones. They do ship from China so it may take a few weeks to arrive. 

Does that include the space bar? Also, One more question. Because the keycaps will be adding a lot of money to the cost of the keyboard, would buying the keyboard used be a worthy option?? Or is that not recommended.

4 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

One more question. Because the keycaps will be adding a lot of money to the cost of the keyboard, would buying the keyboard used be a worthy option?? Or is that not recommended.

IMO no.. I actually dont use mine because it has a horrible sound. The chassis bounces the spring ping suuuuuuper bad and is extremely annoying. You would be better off buying a barebones chassis like I did, the Glorious GMMK and getting the switches of your choice to use it and keycap set of your choice since it uses a full standard layout. This would cost you the same, if not slightly less depending on the switches you use. I personally went with Gateron Silent Brown switches which feel very good IMO. But you can get any switch that is Plate Mounted or PCB mounted and just clip the extra pins off that arent needed so you can get the switch of your choice. 

GMMK: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSVHZTT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switches: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NGLWRRR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

The logitech keyboard has a non standard 1.5u ctrl key and a 5.75u spacebar. I've seen some keycap sets with 1.5u ctrl keys (rare) but I've never seen a 5.75u spacebar. That's the impossible one.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB