MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus shows EZ Debug VGA when I plug in one of my sata hdd.

Foreword:

I have had a couple of problems with the motherboard from the beginning about 3 months ago. I don't know if I was just given a bad board, but after about 2 hours of trouble shooting I got it working and it worked for about 3 months. Now I am having a similar problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Build:

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

2x8 gb g.skill aegis 3000mhz

Zotac gaming mini Gtx 1660

2x WD Black 1tb 7200rpm (one of these is the problem drive)

1x 860 evo 500gb

1x 860 evo 1 tb

1x 970 evo 250gb (boot drive)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Problem:

I overclocked my cpu (ryzen 5 2600) to 4ghz @1.4v and stress tested it for rigidity for 20 min. After finishing the stress test I turned off my computer and turned it back on about an hour later. Heres where the problem started. When I was swapping from my old motherboard to the msi mpg x570 gaming plus (whats in my system right now)  I solved the ez debug lights by unplugging one of my drives.  I was given a cpu EZ debug light. Since I was overclocking I thought it was an issue with the power to the cpu since I have been overclocking and I was running just the 8 pin on the cpu. My motherboard can have the 12 pin for overclocking, so I plugged in another 4 pin from another power supply. The ez debug then went to Boot and DRAM. So I took out one of my sticks of ram and put the single remaining ram into the slot for single channel. I then had the same problem for another hour. I then cleared the cmos and I finally got to the splash screen and later into windows. I plugged all my sata drives into my motherboard and was plagued with an ez debug vga light. This is what was happening 3 months ago. So I unplugged the sata drive that was giving me problems and it boots into windows no problem. Since I know it was a drive giving me the VGA problem (and not gpu which makes no sense) I swapped the sata cable for a brand new one and still no luck. Once I get back from school today I am going to update bios to the newest version. Hopefully that works. It makes no sense because it was working perfectly fine with the drive that is giving me problems. 

TLDR:

System was working fine before cpu overclocking. After trouble shooting for hours I got it stable with 3/4 of my sata drives. When I plug in the one sata drive that gives me problems it lights up the VGA light on the EZ debug lights. If I unplug the drive that it doesn't like it boots up perfectly fine into windows. 

(link for my mobo if you need it)

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS

If you have any idea of what to do I am more that willing to try it.

Thanks for your time.

23 minutes ago, Joshua Overmeyer said:

If you have any idea of what to do I am more that willing to try it.

Do you have a modular power supply? Are you using ONLY the original power cables?

Main System (Byarlant): Ryzen 7 5800X | Asus B550-Creator ProArt | EK 240mm Basic AIO | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-14 | XFX Speedster SWFT 210 RX 6600 | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB / Samsung 960 PRO 512GB / 4× Crucial MX500 2TB (RAID-0) | Corsair RM750X | Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G NIC | Inateck USB 3.0 Card | Hyte Y60 Case | Dell U3415W Monitor | Keychron K4 Brown (white backlight)

Laptop (Narrative): Lenovo Flex 5 81X20005US | Ryzen 5 4500U | 16GB RAM (soldered) | Vega 6 Graphics | SKHynix P31 1TB NVMe SSD | Intel AX200 Wifi (all-around awesome machine)

Proxmox Server (Veda): Ryzen 7 3800XT | AsRock Rack X470D4U | Corsair H80i v2 | 64GB Micron DDR4 ECC 3200MT/s | 4x 10TB WD Whites / 4x 14TB Seagate Exos / 2× Samsung PM963a 960GB SSD | Seasonic Prime Fanless 500W | Intel X540-T2 10G NIC | LSI 9207-8i HBA | Fractal Design Node 804 Case (side panels swapped to show off drives) | VMs: TrueNAS Scale; Ubuntu Server (PiHole/PiVPN/NGINX?); Windows 10 Pro; Ubuntu Server (Apache/MySQL)

Media Center/Video Capture (Jesta Cannon): Ryzen 5 1600X | ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0 | Noctua NH-L12S | 16GB Crucial DDR4 3200MT/s CAS-22 | EVGA GTX750Ti SC | UMIS NVMe SSD 256GB / Seagate 1.5TB HDD | Corsair CX450M | Hauppauge ImpactVCB-PCIe | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM | Silverstone Sugo SG-11 Case | Sony XR65A80K

Camera: Sony ɑ7II w/ Meike Grip | Sony SEL24240 | Samyang 35mm ƒ/2.8 | Sony SEL50F18F | Sony SEL2870 (kit lens) | PNY Elite Perfomance 512GB SDXC card

Network:

Spoiler
                           ┌─────────────── Office/Rack ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
Google Fiber Webpass ────── UniFi Security Gateway ─── UniFi Switch 8-60W ─┬─ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Veda (Proxmox Virtual Switch)
(500Mbps↑/500Mbps↓)                             UniFi CloudKey Gen2 (PoE) ─┴─ Veda (IPMI)           ╠═ Veda-NAS (HW Passthrough NIC)
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╩═ Narrative (Asus USB 2.5G NIC)
║ ┌────── Closet ──────┐   ┌─────────────── Bedroom ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
╚═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╤═ UniFi Switch Flex XG ═╦═ Byarlant
   (PoE)                 │                        ╠═ Narrative (Cable Matters USB-PD 2.5G Ethernet Dongle)
                         │                        ╚═ Jesta Cannon*
                         │ ┌─────────────── Media Center ──────────────────────────────────┐
Notes:                   └─ UniFi Switch 8 ─────────┬─ UniFi Access Point nanoHD (PoE)
═══ is Multi-Gigabit                                ├─ Sony Playstation 4 
─── is Gigabit                                      ├─ Pioneer VSX-S520
* = cable passed to Bedroom from Media Center       ├─ Sony XR65A80K (Google TV)
** = cable passed from Media Center to Bedroom      └─ Work Laptop** (Startech USB-PD Dock)

Retired/Other:

Spoiler

Laptop (Rozen-Zulu): Sony VAIO VPCF13WFX | Core i7-740QM | 8GB Patriot DDR3 | GT 425M | Samsung 850EVO 250GB SSD | Blu-ray Drive | Intel 7260 Wifi (lived a good life, retired with honor)

Testbed/Old Desktop (Kshatriya): Xeon X5470 @ 4.0GHz | ZALMAN CNPS9500 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3L | 8GB Nanya DDR2 400MHz | XFX HD6870 DD | OCZ Vertex 3 Max-IOPS 120GB | Corsair CX430M | HooToo USB 3.0 PCIe Card | Osprey 230 Video Capture | NZXT H230 Case

TrueNAS Server (La Vie en Rose): Xeon E3-1241v3 | Supermicro X10SLL-F | Corsair H60 | 32GB Micron DDR3L ECC 1600MHz | 1x Kingston 16GB SSD / Crucial MX500 500GB