Good fps on monitor connected to old GPU.

Mooshimoca

I have an RTX 2080-ti connected to my main monitors and a GT1030 connected to two other monitors. I opened up Microsoft flight simulator 2020 and it opened on one of my monitors that is connected to my GT1030 and I was getting a stable 30fps on all ultra settings, so I open up msi afterburner and see that my RTX2080-ti was doing all the work even though my monitor is connected to my gt1030. I then opened the game up on my monitor thats connected to my RTX2080-ti and got the same fps. I didn't think this was possible???? I checked on cyberpunk and only got 1fps on the monitor connected to my gt1030 and retried on microsoft flight sim 2020 and still was getting 30fps on ultra settings, so does MFS2020 have some cool technology which allows users to use gpus that arent connected to the monitor thats outputting the gameplay??? I find this really cool and now I want to know which games support this. Would love an answer, thanks!

What you are doing is pretty much identical to using mining only cards for gaming. As long as application you are trying to use supports being rendered on a different gpu, you can do that.

2 minutes ago, Mooshimoca said:

so does MFS2020 have some cool technology?

nope.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

What you are doing is pretty much identical to using mining only cards for gaming. As long as application you are trying to use supports being rendered on a different gpu, you can do that.

nope.

Exactly what I was about to say. It's basically how a laptop works as well, using the iGPU for display and light tasks and the dGPU coming online for heavy programs.

I may be stupid, but at least I'm not an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

nope.

awesome, thanks.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv