WHEA-Logger Event 18 (Follow-up)

dadrkknight

Good morning,

In a previous post I had suggested to perform certain steps that could potentially eliminate the WHEA-Logger Event 18 issue. Unfortunately, I started to shift gears shortly thereafter working on static overclocks that I didn't give enough time to validate my suggestions. After returning to just using PBO, the WHEA-Logger Event 18 issue returned. So I decided to perform more tests trying to eliminate potential settings in bios that could be affecting or causing issues. Below is what I have found thus far.

Set bios to optimized defaults - No WHEA-Logger Event 18 occuring

Enabled XMP - No WHEA-Logger Event 18 occuring

Enabled PBO (Auto everything only) - No WHEA-Logger Event 18 occuring

Enabled PBO (with manual community accepted settings) - No WHEA-Logger Event 18 occuring

Changed memory timings - No WHEA-Logger Event 18 occuring

Enabled manual digi+power settings based on community accepted settings (I have an Asus motherboard) - No WHEA-Logger Event 18 occuring

Next, I will individually test the following settings. These were based on trying to use a plan by 1usmus. The intent was to try to reduce the voltage while idle. I have a suspicion that a combination of the power plan and these particular settings are causing issues. More to come. Thank You for reading.

• Global C-state Control = Enabled
  • Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
  • CPPC = Enabled
  • CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
  • AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
  • PPC Adjustment = PState 0