Looking for motherboard suggestions

I’m working on a new build and I haven’t decided on all the parts yet.  What I do have is a Samsung 980 Pro, a Ryzen 9 5900X, and an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra.

I’m just looking for advice on some of the better MBs to go with these components.  I’m not too concerned about price, but I’d prefer not to spend $700+.

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero is one of the best choices 

re asus crosshair , i disagree, plenty of other boards with better mix of features which also cost less. Pointless motherboard especially if you're not into serious overclocking.

Is X570 or B550 better?  Why?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

B550 can be better than x570

Most x570 designs were made a long time ago, and they focused on pci-e 4.0 and heatsink and fan for the chipset and they paid less attention to onboard devices (audio, network etc)

B550 boards are more recent designs, where they use newer onboard sound chips (ex ALC1220 or ALC1200  instead of ALC892 or ALC1200) and 2.5 gbps ethernet chips.

Also, at the type x570 boards were designed, the usb 10g front panel header was a new thing and few designs implemented it, because it was expensive. Nowadays it's more common and quite a few MSI and Gigabyte B550 boards have it.

A lot of B550 motherboards will also have improved heatsinks on the VRM and may use newer VRM controllers with more phases and the vrm has more power stages/mosfets so it gets less hot.

You only lose the pci-e 4.0 lanes created by the chipset, which are usually going to the 2nd m.2 connector and to the bottom pci-e x16 (x4 electrically) slot ... so you don't lose much.  You get no fan on chipset so that's a plus.

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

B550 can be better than x570

Most x570 designs were made a long time ago, and they focused on pci-e 4.0 and heatsink and fan for the chipset and they paid less attention to onboard devices (audio, network etc)

B550 boards are more recent designs, where they use newer onboard sound chips (ex ALC1220 or ALC1200  instead of ALC892 or ALC1200) and 2.5 gbps ethernet chips.

Also, at the type x570 boards were designed, the usb 10g front panel header was a new thing and few designs implemented it, because it was expensive. Nowadays it's more common and quite a few MSI and Gigabyte B550 boards have it.

A lot of B550 motherboards will also have improved heatsinks on the VRM and may use newer VRM controllers with more phases and the vrm has more power stages/mosfets so it gets less hot.

You only lose the pci-e 4.0 lanes created by the chipset, which are usually going to the 2nd m.2 connector and to the bottom pci-e x16 (x4 electrically) slot ... so you don't lose much.  You get no fan on chipset so that's a plus.

Thank you for this detailed explanation!  And thanks to the other guys for the suggestions.