Question on usb to bluetooth

tebla

Hey all, Thinking about building mounts on the office chair for my split keyboard, trackball and HOTAS joystick/throttle.
Plan a: run all the peripherals to a USB hub on the chair then run one longish lead to the PC.
Better plan: Still have the USB hub but then use Bluetooth or some other wireless tech to untether the chair from the pc.
Is Bluetooth going to be best for this?
Can Bluetooth handle sending from a USB hub with multiple devices connected?
and if both of those are yes, does anyone know of a good USB to Bluetooth transmitter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

14 minutes ago, tebla said:

Hey all, Thinking about building mounts on the office chair for my split keyboard, trackball and HOTAS joystick/throttle.
Plan a: run all the peripherals to a USB hub on the chair then run one longish lead to the PC.
Better plan: Still have the USB hub but then use Bluetooth or some other wireless tech to untether the chair from the pc.
Is Bluetooth going to be best for this?
Can Bluetooth handle sending from a USB hub with multiple devices connected?
and if both of those are yes, does anyone know of a good USB to Bluetooth transmitter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

First, make sure your devices work over the hub correctly. Creating a BT to BT data link, while not impossible, does introduce a significant amount of latency. The more devices sharing that BT channel, the worse it will get. I would get a long USB cable or get wireless devices to begin with in the future.

4 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

First, make sure your devices work over the hub correctly. Creating a BT to BT data link, while not impossible, does introduce a significant amount of latency. The more devices sharing that BT channel, the worse it will get. I would get a long USB cable or get wireless devices to begin with in the future.

Cool, thanks