USB Port Causes No Signal

This is partly an update on my previous post. I've discovered that when a usb cable is wiggled in the usb port/socket, my screen goes black and displays "no signal", after which a manual reboot is required. Does anyone have an idea what the connection between the usb ports and my display failing might be? It might not be the only cause for my display showing "no signal", but I've at least found one cause.

Maybe when it' in the usb slot  the bios makes the pendrive as the main boot drive.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

One thing I've already tried after this discovery (suggested by a friend) is check the cables connected to the motherboard and make sure they're all connected properly. Nothing seemed really out of place, but now most cables have been made sure to be connected.

2 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Maybe when it' in the usb slot  the bios makes the pendrive as the main boot drive.

I've already updated the bios while searching for the cause of my screen going dark, so could this (the bios) still be the cause?

1 minute ago, SpacecoreO said:

I've already updated the bios while searching for the cause of my screen going dark, so could this (the bios) still be the cause?

Maybe the bios is the problem

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

1 minute ago, Gamer4714 said:

Maybe the bios is the problem

so what more can I do than update it to the latest version?

• 11 months later...
Hi guys,
I have the same issue, sometimes (not always), when i connect a usb memory stick in a usb slot, i lose monitor signal and i have to reboot.
Any solutions found?