Temp spikes of 100 degrees celcius in a brand new DELL Laptop - normal?

Hi guys,

So im sitting here trying figuring out if this is normal or not.

I got a brand new 13" Dell laptop with the i5-1135g7 processor and XE graphics ofc. If i update my pc and at the same time open a bunch of sites in firefox the fans cant keep up and the cpu temp sometimes peaks at 95-100 for 1 sec then fall. Is this normal?

Dell set their CPU thermal throttle point at 100C

What model?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Ok, just to clarify, this is just for 1 sec (probably faster) that it CAN record this temp with "heavy loads".

This is the Inspiron 13 5000.

59 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea that normal and withing spec of the cpu. Might as well crank up the power and temps to get faster burst performance

Ok, nice! What do you mean with crank up the power? So I guess a shouldnt be worried about the temp spikes then? What I also noticed is that it takes about 1 min for the fans to settle after a heavy load, for example when completely stop every load on the cpu/gpu it takes a while for the fan curve to settle even if my temps are below 40 degrees celcius.

Edited by Emilk

He means that since it's within spec manufacturers have no reason not to allow it to get that hot.

So yes it's normal. So is the fans taking time to ramp up, manufacturers tend to tune for comfort rather than performance by default. My dell laptop has a "dell power settings" app where I can flip it between different performance/quietness modes, yours might have that too.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2