HP laptop won't boot

Johann Z.

Hello, I need help with my laptop, It has power, I can access the bios, I have restore the bios, I have accessed the system diagnostics and tested the ram, the screen is illuminated but it won't boot, I have tried to use a ubuntu live usb to boot from, it is recognize from the bios but when selected to boot it just stays black and illuminated. At this point am suspecting a motherboard problem. Also, I have connected another monitor to the laptop but anyway there is no image. Also I reset the CMOS.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Model:14-af115la

2 minutes ago, Johann Z. said:

Hello, I need help with my laptop, It has power, I can access the bios, I have restore the bios, I have accessed the system diagnostics and tested the ram, the screen is illuminated but it won't boot, I have tried to use a ubuntu live usb to boot from, it is recognize from the bios but when selected to boot it just stays black and illuminated. At this point am suspecting a motherboard problem. Also, I have connected another monitor to the laptop but anyway there is no image. Also I reset the CMOS.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Model:14-af115la

Remove the hard drive, and try the USB Ubuntu again, see what happens

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that but no luck. I can select the usb to boot, after I selected it the screen stays black.

Did you disable secure boot and enabled legacy boot if thats an option?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

18 minutes ago, Levent said:

Did you disable secure boot and enabled legacy boot if thats an option?

Yes, Secure boot is disabled and legacy is enabled. Thanks for your reply!

Hello I would like to inform you that I was able to fix the problem, All I needed to do was to reprogram the BIOS chip, I used a CH341A programmer and downloaded the BIOS file from HP, then I resoldered the chip back to the motherboard, and now it works fine. Thanks for the help!