Laptop sometimes lags when watching videos.

PackYourBaggins

This is a rather minor issue, but one I'd like to solve if possible. The lagging isn't horrendous, but enough to be a little annoying. It occurs maybe every 30-45 seconds where the video will stop for just a second, and the audio keeps going. After that second of lag, the video catches up quickly and resumes as normal. I've noticed it doesn't happen with every video player, however. So far, I've noticed it only happens on YouTube, and Hulu. It does not happen on Crunchyroll or Netflix. Not sure why this is though. I've tried clearing Chrome's cache, but that didn't help. I close all other programs to make sure that plenty of RAM is still free. 

Laptop specs:

CPU: i5-7300HQ, 2.5Ghz

GPU: 1050Ti

RAM: 8GB, 2400Mhz

Drive: 250GB SSD

12 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What network speeds do you get?

speedtest.net

900 down, 50 up. It's definitely not a buffer when the lag hits. Seems like it's more a hardware or software issue if I had to guess. Especially since it only occurs on certain websites, and doesn't occur on others. My internet is fine.

4 minutes ago, PackYourBaggins said:

900 down, 50 up. It's definitely not a buffer when the lag hits. Seems like it's more a hardware or software issue if I had to guess. Especially since it only occurs on certain websites, and doesn't occur on others. My internet is fine.

Yeah that's definitly not the problem. Open up the nvidia control panel and change Chrome's GPU to the integrated. If it doesn't lag then there's something going on with the GPU. Or try changing it to the 1050TI. If one of the 2 works and the other still lags, I'd try uninstalling the drivers with DDU and installing the newest from both Intel and Nvidia.

23 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Yeah that's definitly not the problem. Open up the nvidia control panel and change Chrome's GPU to the integrated. If it doesn't lag then there's something going on with the GPU. Or try changing it to the 1050TI. If one of the 2 works and the other still lags, I'd try uninstalling the drivers with DDU and installing the newest from both Intel and Nvidia.

Well I did a clean install with DDU and then tried using the integrated graphics but the issue still persisted.