Windows OS issue deleting files

Deployment ADMIN

Dear reader,

I have tried to delete a game folder but it says I require permissions from myself? Has anyone ran into the same issue? any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Is your account an administrator account?

Also, you should edit you screen shot to get rid of your full name and personal email.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Also

this is the second time today I see gmail account as the windows login name... is that one of those new fads or...?  I always name my user xXx_Miku_xXx   or something 🤷🏼

4 hours ago, Network Administrator said:

I have tried to delete a game folder but it says I require permissions from myself

Ok, dumb question, why is there a command window open, did you try deleting the file/folder with right click > delete?  because outside of windows system files I have never run into this problem. 🧐

I am also as of recently the new super admin / "trusted installer" and even windows system files/folders aren't save now anymore - though I only deleted one yet, which was dumb, because I then had to 'reinstall' windows right away from a backup... 

who woulda thought it needs a folder called 'msdownload. tmp' but yeah... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

32 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

this is the second time today I see gmail account as the windows login name... is that one of those new fads or...?  I always name my user xXx_Miku_xXx   or something 🤷🏼

Ok, dumb question, why is there a command window open, did you try deleting the file/folder with right click > delete?  because outside of windows system files I have never run into this problem. 🧐

I am also as of recently the new super admin / "trusted installer" and even windows system files/folders aren't save now anymore - though I only deleted one yet, which was dumb, because I then had to 'reinstall' windows right away from a backup... 

who woulda thought it needs a folder called 'msdownload. tmp' but yeah... 

ok I did try right click delete about 10 times and it still didn't work. I looked up the issue on the windows 10 forum and it didn't solve my problem. so I attempted to delete it with CMD but that also failed.

11 minutes ago, Network Administrator said:

ok I did try right click delete about 10 times and it still didn't work. I looked up the issue on the windows 10 forum and it didn't solve my problem. so I attempted to delete it with CMD but that also failed.

I see, are you logged in as administrator though? And where did you download the game from? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

If permissions fail, ownership is the next thing you should think about.

Rclick.Folder->Properies->Security->Advanced->Owner:YourAccount (not admin, if that works).

If that happened more than once or you anticipate that it could happen in the future, you are well advised to follow this guide that enables an exceptionally useful function in windows.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Hope, I could help. 🙂

I still had the issue, really haven't been checking ltt forms alot so I used take ownership pro and it completely screwed up my drive. second time my drive has been screwed up so I will probably invest in a recovery drive for if this happens again.