I can access my desktop folder from any Windows PC in my local network, how do I access the same folder from and Android?

I've never really paid attention to file management on Android since I seldom use phones to deal with stuff, but right now when I have to, it's a nightmare looking for good file explorers, good ones require you to pay and you sometimes they have ads that get in the way.

Can anyone recommend a good file explorer, paid ones can be okay if it's good. Also, is it possible to have a publicly available folder on my phone?

Why not just use a cloud storage solution like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.?

Google Drive let's you sync specific folders, which can then be access via Android Drive app.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

3 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Why not just use a cloud storage solution like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.?

I don't think my Internet connection is fast enough for the size of the files, so it's good to have a copy in my hand.

I use CX File Explorer.  But to do this, remember you have to be on the same network.  Otherwise you need to set up a VPN back to your network so you can access remotely.

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

2 minutes ago, TargetDron3 said:

I use CX File Explorer.  But to do this, remember you have to be on the same network.  Otherwise you need to set up a VPN back to your network so you can access remotely.

I'll give this one a look

12 minutes ago, Xanthia said:

I don't think my Internet connection is fast enough for the size of the files, so it's good to have a copy in my hand.

google drive wouuld still be good to view the files

but if you want them still on you a flash drive would be good idea

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Which phone do you have? Some of them have a file explorer built in, it's just not always well labelled. Google also makes an app called files. But I'm sure that comes with google caveats.

8 hours ago, Flannelist said:

Which phone do you have? Some of them have a file explorer built in, it's just not always well labelled. Google also makes an app called files. But I'm sure that comes with google caveats.

I have an Oppo, the file manager is so simple and only allows for the basic stuff. I'll take a look into that app