Having problems with running Doom Eternal

MeMyself
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

The GPU usage is too low. While the 380X is already not much of a powerhouse these days (still beats buying a new one lmao) D:E really isn't light enough to get such low usage. 

Try reinstalling the AMD driver. Uninstall using DDU first. 

Hey,
 I got Doom Eternal (finally) and it ran super smooth when I first played it this morning (60+fps). Then I closed it down and played some VR. Now whenever I open up Doom Ethernal I get 25FPS on the lowest possible settings, I have no Idea what's happening.
I've tried:
-Minimizing every option in the settings menu.
-Closing everything unnecessary from task manager
-Restarting the PC

-Restore the default settings in D:E itself.

-Even tried to back track all the way to where I'm certain my game ran smoothly.

I should have a problem with running the game with a Ryzen 7 3700x, 16gb of ram and an ancient Nitro Radeon 380x. While in game I'm running at 30-40% utilization on the CPU, about 8% on the GPU and using 4gb of ram.

Has anyone else ran into a problem like that.

All the best,
MyMy

The GPU usage is too low. While the 380X is already not much of a powerhouse these days (still beats buying a new one lmao) D:E really isn't light enough to get such low usage. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Thanks! I'll give it a try 🙂

13 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

After a GPU driver flush and a restart got the game working at 72fps on ultra settings. Thanks! 🙂