DAS Mechanical Keyboard insane chattering

TheoKondak

So I have a DAS X50 mechanical keyboard for about two years now. For the past 8 months or so, it started chattering, meaning that pressing a button once would result in multiple keypresses. So I disassembled it and meticulously cleaned it the best I could. The issue got fixed for some days, only to return shortly after with many more keys becoming problematic. Since then I tried cleaning it couple more times, each time, the results became worse and worse, with more keys each time either becoming unresponsive, or show chattering. I don't think it's problematic switches, rather it's dirt in the switches, but other than blowing some air or dripping some alcohol and pressing the key multiple times, I can't do much more. Is there something I can do to fix these issues? I use this 200Euro keyboard for work, and it is really annoying (I never had such problems in the past even with 15Euro keyboards). Roughly 1/3 of the keys have these issues.

Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Did you spill something on it?

Regardless, if you insist on keeping this keyboard, your only option is to desolder all the switches and replace them with new ones. Even then, it won't be the same; Gamma Zulu switches are very smilar to Romer G but with slightly longer key travel, however, Gamma Zulus aren't sold anywhere, so you'd have to replace the switches with Romer Gs (which, again, would feel slightly different with 0.5mm shorter key travel). It would also be damn expensive, especially if you don't have soldering gear; 10 Romer Gs from Aliexpress is about 15 USD. No idea how many switches your keyboard needs but if it's a fullsize then you'd be spending over $150 on switches alone.

I don't think it's worth it tbh.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Did you spill something on it?

Regardless, if you insist on keeping this keyboard, your only option is to desolder all the switches and replace them with new ones. Even then, it won't be the same; Gamma Zulu switches are very smilar to Romer G but with slightly longer key travel, however, Gamma Zulus aren't sold anywhere, so you'd have to replace the switches with Romer Gs (which, again, would feel slightly different with 0.5mm shorter key travel). It would also be damn expensive, especially if you don't have soldering gear; 10 Romer Gs from Aliexpress is about 15 USD. No idea how many switches your keyboard needs but if it's a fullsize then you'd be spending over $150 on switches alone.

I don't think it's worth it tbh.

No never spilled anything on the keyboard. The issue must be dust related. I don't have any soldering gear, and I don't think i can change the problematic switches. My aim is to somehow clean the switches instead of replacing them.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

5 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

No never spilled anything on the keyboard. The issue must be dust related. I don't have any soldering gear, and I don't think i can change the problematic switches. My aim is to somehow clean the switches instead of replacing them.

Impossible. The only way going forward is to replace them. Even if you wanted to clean them you'd have to desolder them and take them apart, which is a massive pain in the ass and not worth it for what are effectively Romer Gs.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Impossible. The only way going forward is to replace them. Even if you wanted to clean them you'd have to desolder them and take them apart, which is a massive pain in the ass and not worth it for what are effectively Romer Gs.

I see so the only solution I can see is to throw this crap keyboard out of the window and get a new one.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

21 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

I see so the only solution I can see is to throw this crap keyboard out of the window and get a new one.

If you don't want to spend $150 on switches plus however much your solder gear would cost, and the couple hours desoldering and resoldering...then yes.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

26 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If you don't want to spend $150 on switches plus however much your solder gear would cost, and the couple hours desoldering and resoldering...then yes.

When I have some time, I will disassemble it and try to see how these switches are built. Maybe I will find a way to clean the interior and save the keyboard. Thanks for your tips.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage