Games Crashes to Desktop without error

Nifr

So recently build/upgraded my PC

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
Mobo: MSI MAG Tomahawk x570

Ram: 2x16G DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz cl16

GPU: My old 1070 TI

PSU: EVGA 1000W Gold+

First i had issues with getting the PWM profile in bios to work, turns out it was broken Fan cable on my CPU cooler than messed it up. Fixed the cable and then everything seemed ok, until i started to get crashes in games that takes me to the desktop.

Problem tho is that event veiwer shows no error, most games just crash to desktop without any indication whats wrong. Game is running perfectly smooth then just closes and kicks me to desktop. After playing WoW however i got a error message, generic #132 error, but with the message "Memory Could not be written/read".

This made me to belive it might be the Ram that was the issue, googled and read somewhere that i might need to increase SOC voltage to 1.115 to run 3600mhz smoothly on ryzen 5000. However before touching any bios settings i tested the ram in XMP with Windows Memory Diagnostic - No errors

I then ran memtest64 for 12 hours - No error

I also ran the memory in non XMP, at 2666mhz, still gave me CTD ( Crash to Desktop)

All drivers and BIOS are up to date.

I then tried to test the CPU by running cinebench R23 for 2 hours - No Error or Crash

Ran Heaven Benchmark for several hours as well - No Error or crash

Had HWinfo running while playing game and the temps where all fine as well, GPU around 60 celsius and CPU mostly around 65 celsius,  sometimes peaking around 70-71.

Now im a bit confused where to go from here.

I just can't seem to replicate the instabillity unless im playing games. Apex, BF5 and WoW all so far have crashed. But sometimes i get 1-2 crashes within 1 hour, some days i can play hours without a single issue, but it seemes average 1 crash every 3-4 hours on avg.

Upgraded nVidia Driver and uninstalled Geforce Experience - Still same problem.

2 Weeks ago with my OLD PC i had no issues like this, Which makes me belive its not the PSU or GPU as they worked perfectly in the old system.

Update:

Tried installing diffrent OLD drivers.

Old Chipset Drivers - Still CTD in Games

Old nVidia Drivers - Still CTD in Games

A few more things ive noticed. When i CTD in games that are fullscreen, my screens goes black for a few second, Just the same way they do when i tab in and out of the fullscreen game. 

Had GPU-z Running while playing and i CTD. Nothing out of the normal, no dips in power, or sudden increases before the crash, everything is stable the whole time.

Swapped what ram stick was in what spot to see if it can make any diffrence, also removed all casemods power cabels, now only using the ones that followed with the PSU.

Is there any logging program that can be benefitional to be running while playing games. So i maybe can see what goes wrong before the crash ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2:

Flashed Bios Once again - Still CTD in Games

Tried with only 1 memory stick (1x16Gig) Tried both of them seperatly - Still CTD in Games

Changed SSD Games installed on - Still CTD in Games

Moved the GPU to a diffrent PCI lane - Still CTD in Games

Made sure i was running the most updated Windows ( 20H2)

Got new Ram - G.Skill Trident Neo, so far no crash in games, but havent had time to play a lot, someone recommended me to use OCCT to run all the tests there.

GPU, Power, Memory test ran perfect for 1 hour without a single error, however when i ran OCCT CPU stress test it started to throw out errors left and right. We talking 5-10 errors every second for 5-15 min then it can run without error for 5-15 min and then start giving errors again.

The errors are almost always about Core 5 (virtual 10 & 11) and sometimes Core 0 (virtual 0 & 1) both are considered the preffered cores in ryzen master.

Test-Progress.PNG.7ee60d5f71c61e8ca97de131b96fbbb3.PNG

So i tried to google this and most information i saw was about unstable OCs and to little voltage. However everything is running stock, havent touched any bios other than enabling XMP and setting Smart Fan Curve for PWM. Ran the test with HWinfo up, but  i see no values that indicate that anything is wrong  

CPU CVolt og Hastigheter.PNG

Skjermbilde CPU.PNG

Downloaded PRIME 95 and got error on the first test.

281783621_PrimeError.thumb.PNG.354f7b7449cde03214475f5e1daa4fc5.PNG

Defect 5800x maybe ? Or could it be the motherboard ? 

• 2 months later...

hi nifr i change my cpu and motherboard and the problem is the same i will try to change ram and psu today and will tell you what happens