Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT (AIO CPU Cooler) - Can't change fan speeds

Nocmj1

Hi there,

I installed my Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT last night.  Selected hardware specs for reference:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I swapped out the supplied Corsair ML120 fans with three Noctua NF-P12 1700 PWM fans I already had. These were confirmed working in other builds and my choice was mainly down to aesthetics.

The radiator is top mounted as an exhaust with the fans in a push configuration. I also have 6 Arctic P12 PWM PST fans as intakes, all of which are connected to a SATA-powered fan hub.

While all the Noctua fans on the radiator are spinning, I can’t seem to control them in the iCUE software. No matter which profile I apply, including custom ones, the fans stay at the following RPM:

i-CUE-H150i-Pro-XT-Fan-Speeds.png

i-CUE-H150i-Pro-XT-Fan-Speeds2.png

Fan 2 is too loud at that RPM. I’d like to set them all to roughly 800-900 rpm.

I have confirmed the following:

• The pump is connected to the USB header on the motherboard
  • Each 4 pin Noctua fan is connected to the fan splitter coming off the pump
  • The 3 pin connector coming off the pump is connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard
  • The product is connected to a spare SATA power cable

Can anybody help? My first thought would be to retry with the supplied Corsair ML120 fans. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try! I have never attempted to control fan speeds through the BIOS.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Nocmj1 said:

Hi there,

I installed my Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT last night.  Selected hardware specs for reference:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I swapped out the supplied Corsair ML120 fans with three Noctua NF-P12 1700 PWM fans I already had. These were confirmed working in other builds and my choice was mainly down to aesthetics.

The radiator is top mounted as an exhaust with the fans in a push configuration. I also have 6 Arctic P12 PWM PST fans as intakes, all of which are connected to a SATA-powered fan hub.

While all the Noctua fans on the radiator are spinning, I can’t seem to control them in the iCUE software. No matter which profile I apply, including custom ones, the fans stay at the following RPM:

i-CUE-H150i-Pro-XT-Fan-Speeds.png

i-CUE-H150i-Pro-XT-Fan-Speeds2.png

Fan 2 is too loud at that RPM. I’d like to set them all to roughly 800-900 rpm.

I have confirmed the following:

• The pump is connected to the USB header on the motherboard
  • Each 4 pin Noctua fan is connected to the fan splitter coming off the pump
  • The 3 pin connector coming off the pump is connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard
  • The product is connected to a spare SATA power cable

Can anybody help? My first thought would be to retry with the supplied Corsair ML120 fans. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try! I have never attempted to control fan speeds through the BIOS.

Thanks!

An update:

I can get Fan#1 and Fan#3 to change with custom curves, but absolutely nothing I do will change Fan#2

Any help greatly appreciated!

have you tried making a custom fan curve under a new profile. once you make a fan curve you then need to select that custom fan curve for the fan(s).