Stupid question - Which CPU bracket for X58?

I've had an evo212 on my x58 for a long while. It was moved to another system and I realize I don't have the original cpu bracket for the motherboard (Asus Rampage III formula). What cpu bracket backplate do I need? Installing a Gammaxx 400.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Xa3phod said:

I've had an evo212 on my x58 for a long while. It was moved to another system and I realize I don't have the original cpu bracket for the motherboard (Asus Rampage III formula). What cpu bracket backplate do I need? Installing a Gammaxx 400.

Thanks!

X58 (LGA 1366) didn’t come with a backplate..? Mine didn’t, P6T Deluxe V2. Still have it, lol. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get your answer?

RE: I don't have the original cpu bracket...

As was new. That mobo had "2' sets of holes for old style LGA-775 & new LGA-1366 (same as 2011 & 2066) 80mm spacing. You can attach aftermarket backplates to this but it will thicken up the base and make screw depth feel few 2-3mm's further if that's an issue but it can work. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 2:48 PM, Tylersburg-X58 said:

Did you ever get your answer?

RE: I don't have the original cpu bracket...

As was new. That mobo had "2' sets of holes for old style LGA-775 & new LGA-1366 (same as 2011 & 2066) 80mm spacing. You can attach aftermarket backplates to this but it will thicken up the base and make screw depth feel few 2-3mm's further if that's an issue but it can work. 

I gave up on it. It was cool when no one had 6 core 12 thread CPUs, as the most you got was 4/8. But things have changed and its not really worth playing with anymore.

6 cores is still relevant today for gaming (4 cores is enough). You have 1 of the most fun, legendary & in my opinion, next to last of the "glory days" of overclockers. You already have the good, well desired of 3 mobos of that time. Most expensive part of the build. So for $50 you can get either of the 2 best spec'd out CPU's for that X58 & any modern GPU for great price performance. Unless you need AVX, You good.

I used a 1080-Ti w/ Xeon W3690 & it rocks. RTX 2080-Ti's do well here as well. Many options left. Make sure to utilize it's 3-chan DDR3 in 1600 tight timings. 

12 hours ago, Tylersburg-X58 said:

6 cores is still relevant today for gaming (4 cores is enough). You have 1 of the most fun, legendary & in my opinion, next to last of the "glory days" of overclockers. You already have the good, well desired of 3 mobos of that time. Most expensive part of the build. So for $50 you can get either of the 2 best spec'd out CPU's for that X58 & any modern GPU for great price performance. Unless you need AVX, You good.

I used a 1080-Ti w/ Xeon W3690 & it rocks. RTX 2080-Ti's do well here as well. Many options left. Make sure to utilize it's 3-chan DDR3 in 1600 tight timings. 

I have a X5670 and a X5690, it was fun to play with, but I use a 5800X3D with a RX 6900XT for gaming.