Windows 10 Installation blackscreen

MrModdy
Go to solution Solved by MrModdy,

Hello, earlier on I set my pc to factory reset until it went black screen no mouse no cursor or anything like that. I stuck windows 10 onto a bootable USB in which I boot into through BIOS but all I get is a windows logo and the dots rotating. This is odd because I tried the same USB on a laptop and booted into the windows setup perfectly. However when I boot it on my PC the screen then goes black no writing no cursor or anything like that. I then decided to install Ubuntu onto the USB I then booted into that through BIOS it worked perfectly Ubuntu installed. I then tried to reinstall windows onto the USB and boot into it but it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to move from Ubuntu to windows.

Hello, earlier on I set my pc to factory reset until it went black screen no mouse no cursor or anything like that. I stuck windows 10 onto a bootable USB in which I boot into through BIOS but all I get is a windows logo and the dots rotating. This is odd because I tried the same USB on a laptop and booted into the windows setup perfectly. However when I boot it on my PC the screen then goes black no writing no cursor or anything like that. I then decided to install Ubuntu onto the USB I then booted into that through BIOS it worked perfectly Ubuntu installed. I then tried to reinstall windows onto the USB and boot into it but it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to move from Ubuntu to windows.

Hi there, i had a similar issue for me the only solution that worked was to format the partition of the old Windows, like some files have remained in the hard drive so windows would't boot the new ones just recognising the old files and booting from there. 

7 hours ago, Kadzo said:

Hi there, i had a similar issue for me the only solution that worked was to format the partition of the old Windows, like some files have remained in the hard drive so windows would't boot the new ones just recognising the old files and booting from there. 

I'll give this a go although I'm pretty sure it won't work as I installed Linux on the drive and that formatted it but thanks mate.