MSI motherboard pins

Hello, I've been interested in using a Raspberry Pi and bought a LED matrix for it, the max7219, and I've been using it to show neet little messages on it.

I've noticed that my motherboard, the Z370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC has some kinds of pins on it that I don't use, and I was wondering if maybe I could write some C / Python code to output data on these pins to turn on an off the LEDs on the matrix.

Attached is a screenshot of the said pins because my camera quality was too bad for this

image.thumb.png.e5b52591920cb1e6a1cadc68859f2e9a.png

If you can make it interface over USB 2, then yep!
You might need an Arduino or Raspberry Pi or something to translate the signals, though.

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

If you can make it interface over USB 2, then yep!
You might need an Arduino or Raspberry Pi or something to translate the signals, though.

Thanks for the answer ! But is there a way to do so without a device in the middle ? My Raspberry supports Wi-Fi, so I could just set it up inside my PC case, but that would be too much work (especially to get the power cable inside)

Just now, ajna said:

Thanks for the answer ! But is there a way to do so without a device in the middle ? My Raspberry supports Wi-Fi, so I could just set it up inside my PC case, but that would be too much work (especially to get the power cable inside)

Not that I'm aware of. Motherboards don't really have pins like that.

elephants