I want to know if the Rtx 2060 ti will run on my current setup

Go to solution Solved by 0000001000100111001100,

5 minutes ago, mcsann said:

Budget (including currency): 600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: minecraft

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a core i7 3rd gen, a 1tb hdd, a 600w psu, 16gb ram, and my motherboard is the ASUS P8P67 LE.

It should be able to run any PCI Express x16 graphics card if your cpu and psu meets the requirement. Just make sure your psu can push enough power to power it. Your CPU it enough. To answer, Yes you can!

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a core i7 3rd gen, a 1tb hdd, a 600w psu, 16gb ram, and my motherboard is the ASUS P8P67 LE.

No such card as a 2060 ti exists.

Assuming you were thinking of a 2060 or a 3060 ti...

What do you mean "will it run"? They go in PCI-e x16 slots like any other GPU. Are you concerned about power requirements? A CPU bottleneck? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, mcsann said:

2060 ti? do you mean 2060 super or 3060 ti?

2 minutes ago, mcsann said:

what i7? What power supply? What case? 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

ASUS P8P67 LE

this have the PCIE slot needed (like... anything since core 2 days pretty much has PCIE...?)

so yea it'll probably work just fine

whether you'll max it out or not depends on your game, and minecraft is probably not one that will max it out

PSU wise... as long as you have the pcie power required i guess?

and if your casing fits the GPU physically

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

sorry for the lack of details, I'm just wondering if the Asus P8P67 le can support a Rtx 2060, it has two Pci e x16 slots but since this is a older motherboard I am wondering if the pci e slots are too old to support a Rtx 2060. I don't know a lot about computers

Just now, mcsann said:

sorry for the lack of details, I'm just wondering if the Asus P8P67 le can support a Rtx 2060, it has two Pci e x16 slots but since this is a older motherboard I am wondering if the pci e slots are too old to support a Rtx 2060. I don't know a lot about computers

PCI-e x16 is backwards compatible.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, mcsann said:

it should operate on PCIE 2.0 (i think?)

it will work just fine, functionality wise

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Yes but what psu do you have? The model. It should work on your board no problem but a bad psu can cause the whole thing to break.

thank you, sorry for the confusion.. that's all i needed to know, I'm not worried about the case size since it is a rather big case. again thank you guys for answering my question!

5 minutes ago, mcsann said:

It should be able to run any PCI Express x16 graphics card if your cpu and psu meets the requirement. Just make sure your psu can push enough power to power it. Your CPU it enough. To answer, Yes you can!

4 minutes ago, mcsann said:

if its a PCI Express x16 slot then it can support the graphics card. The only problem I would see is if your power supply does not have enough power or your cpu would be bottlenecking it but your fine in all ways!