Black Screen Crash, Audio still works, fans loud

Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,

Another AMD user with crashes... there are so many people on 21.2.x or 20.11.x with pc's getting random reboots/black screens/lag spikes. What I recommend is dowloading DDU, loading safe mode and uninstall the drivers using DDU. Download 20.12.1, install that, disable updates in the AMD software, and it will be a lot more stable. I've had this myself with my 5500 XT and a lot of my friends & some people on this forum seem to have simular issues. I recommend reporting this bug to AMD so they can fix it.

A couple days ago, I was streaming and playing league of legends. 

Suddenly my computer screen went black, but i could still hear the audio - I turned the computer off and back on.  Got the stream back up and finished playing the game without any issues. I believe this has happened one other time before - but i wasn't streaming.

I cleaned out my computer dusted all the fans, cleaned the GPU to make sure there was No dust causing the issues.  While I was just playing league my computer screen would freeze for a second, then go back and keep playing. I was using speccy and Radeon software to monitor me temps, and none of my temperatures got high at all. 

More back story to my pc that might be helpful. Maybe 3 months ago i sent my GPU for RMA because i was having a stuttering issue. They sent me back a different GPU (same model). I added a NVME SSD and did a clean install of the OS onto the new NVME ssd, I also added a new CPU cooler.

A couple weeks ago i started to hear a whining sounds that I assumed was a fan. But today i cleaned my Computer and checked the fans but im still hearing the nosie.

I have tried to update drivers, and read countless forms  I am at a bit of my whits end trying to figure out what is wrong with this stupid machine. HELP! plz.

Specs:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X    39 °C
    Pinnacle Ridge 12nm Technology
RAM
    64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1465MHz (16-18-18-38)
Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. X470 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B79) (AM4)    31 °C
Graphics
    ASUS VG249 (1920x1080@120Hz)
    LG HDR 4K (3840x2160@59Hz)
    8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (Unknown)    51 °C
Storage
    931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD))    22 °C
    931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD))    22 °C
    465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0C-00PXH0 (Unknown (SSD))

Edit: after the second crash and the PC booted it wanted to scan my hard drive. 

Edited by Oegg

What is your psu? And does your pc case have good airflow?

I'm not that familiar with the rx580 but I have a feeling you can't play at 4K with it. Especially with 2 monitors connected to it. Also from what I heard this happened with multiple AMD cards, from what I can recall it is a driver issue. Try installing some older drivers.

10 minutes ago, MNiyazi said:

What is your psu? And does your pc case have good airflow?

I have a evga 750 gold. And yes it has good airflow

9 minutes ago, Albert F said:

I'm not that familiar with the rx580 but I have a feeling you can't play at 4K with it. Especially with 2 monitors connected to it. Also from what I heard this happened with multiple AMD cards, from what I can recall it is a driver issue. Try installing some older drivers.

What's the bet way to install old drivers?

The sound you are hearing is most likely coil whine. Since all your described problems would fit a faulty GPU, that would be my first suggestion. Maybe reinstall all the GPU drivers to check if it helps aand replace the cable between your GPU and monitor.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

2 minutes ago, Oegg said:

What's the bet way to install old drivers?

Get them from the manufacturers website. But don't stay forever with them, update at some point

Another AMD user with crashes... there are so many people on 21.2.x or 20.11.x with pc's getting random reboots/black screens/lag spikes. What I recommend is dowloading DDU, loading safe mode and uninstall the drivers using DDU. Download 20.12.1, install that, disable updates in the AMD software, and it will be a lot more stable. I've had this myself with my 5500 XT and a lot of my friends & some people on this forum seem to have simular issues. I recommend reporting this bug to AMD so they can fix it.

26 minutes ago, Oegg said:

I have a evga 750 gold. And yes it has good airflow

I had the same problem. My psu was overheating becouse my pc case had bad airflow and psu was top mounted. I suggest you to download msi afterburner and monitor your cpu and gpu temperatures. I guess something is overheating probably or it can be bad drivers

7 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Ok, Ill try to update them tonight and let you guys know. thanks for the help.

I reinstalled  20.12.1 drivers. that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks so much for your help guys!!