Asus GPU Tweak II OSD causes random apps to crash/freeze, when OSD is on

Some apps randomly stopped working, both games in full screen mode, and traditional windows apps: ex. one of the victims : AMD Ryzen Master, uTorrent, ImageGlass.  

It looks like that: you run the application, the window appears for second, then it freezes and dies. 

I traced the problem to the OSD option in Asus GPU Tweak II software: i found and killed 3 OSD processes via Task Manager (named like GPUTweak_xxxx_OSD.exe) , and problem is gone. 

If you run GPU Tweak II without OSD (only to switch OC/quiet profiles), it's fine. 

But, initially OSD was working during the games in full screen.  Don't know why it ended like this, maybe some recent Windows update broke it.

Remove and reinstall didnt help.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue happens with CPU tweak III... Seems to be killing apps rigorously... 

• 1 month later...

same here. it's been crashing all kinds of apps for me from discord to zoom and even nicehash (please don't hate me for using it). it even made my email app crash (and sometimes lag a shitton on startup) if i tried to insert files.

the problems started when i pressed some odd key-combination. i saw for a split second tweak2:s some interface.. kinda like a fps counter and gpu information with the tweak2 font.

now suddenly today since i have a zoom meeting for uni and try troubleshooting it, tweak2 seems to be the culprit. every app works now!

i didn't update tweak2. it was just the key-combo that caused the problems imo. has to have something to do with the key-combo i accidentaly pressed. they should fix the problem :DD no idea why they think discord is a game to put an overlay over :DD

• 9 months later...

This just started happening for me as well probably because my Windows 10 OS finally updated. Any solution or work around for this other than killing gpu tweak?