Best Budget RAM?

Go to solution Solved by AnirbanG007,
2 hours ago, Jayzer said:

I did, but the extra money isn't worth it.

• 3600MHz T-Force Dark Z Alpha is 300-400k more but not worth cause it's CL18
  • 3600MHz G.Skill Ripjaws V is... nowhere to be found.
  • 3600MHz Kingston HyperX Fury is 400-500k more expensive.
  • 3600MHz OLOy WarHawk Red is 200k more..

As much as I want to go 3600MHz, sadly I don't have the budget for it.

From any of these, but 3200MHz, which ones would you pick?

IMO, what I'd pick is the OLOy kit, cause one, RGB at that price is really not that bad, and two, that is a very decent price for a 16GB 3200MHz CL16 kit.

If it goes out of stock once I buy it, then the HyperX Fury is my last resort.

Budget aside, as General Knowledge, a 3600 with CL 18 is faster than 3200 with CL 16, technically it's not "not worth it". In any case, a 3200 is plenty fast. Coming to your question, I haven't heard of OLOy, I don't know what chips they use inside. If you see multiple good reviews you could go for it. I'd recommend G.Skill, but HyperX isn't bad. Your dad may have had some bad experiences with it, as you can understand I don't know why he's recommending against going for it. This happens with electronics. But then, I'm not an expert and am not aware of them having problems. Could be, though.

Does anyone know any good RAM to pair with a Ryzen 5 3600?

The maximum budget I can go for is 1,300,000 Indonesian Rupiah and under.

It'll be used for games like Overwatch, Rocket League, Hitman 2 & 3, Watch Dogs 2, Valorant. Also will be used for video and photo editing.

Thanks in advance.

(PS: I did want to go Crucial Ballistix, but sadly there are no sellers in my country.)

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

7 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

Does anyone know any good RAM to pair with a Ryzen 5 3600?

The maximum budget I can go for is 1,300,000 Indonesian Rupiah and under.

It'll be used for games like Overwatch, Rocket League, Hitman 2 & 3, Watch Dogs 2, Valorant. Also will be used for video and photo editing.

Thanks in advance.

(PS: I did want to go Crucial Ballistix, but sadly there are no sellers in my country.)

The best option would to be go for 2 8 gig sticks of 3600 MHz memory, with CL 16 or 18, if those are out of your budget, a 3200 MHz with CL 16 would also be very good. You could get brands like HyperX, TeamGroup, etc etc

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

34 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

You could get brands like HyperX, TeamGroup

Alright, got some options but just wanted to know if these are good:

• T-Force Dark Z Alpha 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz CL16 (1,380,000 Rupiah, yes I know it's overbudget but if its good then sure)
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz CL 16-18-18-38 (1,250,000 Rupiah)
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz (1,150,000 Rupiah, but my dad doesn't recommend Kingston, I still set it as an option just in case)
  • OLOy WarHawk Red RGB 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz PC25600 CL 16-18-18-38 (1,100,000 Rupiah)

<famous quote>

5 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Alright, got some options but just wanted to know if these are good:

• T-Force Dark Z Alpha 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz CL16 (1,380,000 Rupiah, yes I know it's overbudget but if its good then sure)
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz CL 16-18-18-38 (1,250,000 Rupiah)
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz (1,150,000 Rupiah, but my dad doesn't recommend Kingston, I still set it as an option just in case)
  • OLOy WarHawk Red RGB 2x8GB 16GB 3200MHz PC25600 CL 16-18-18-38 (1,100,000 Rupiah)

The G.Skill seems like a pretty decent option for a lot less money. BTW, did you find any 3600 MHz RAM within your price range?

You will have to turn on OC mode for it to run at 3200 MHz, otherwise it will fallback to 2133 Mhz, just something to keep in mind.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/g.skill-ripjaws-v-ddr4-3200-2x16gb-memory-kit,6117.html

53 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

did you find any 3600 MHz RAM within your price range?

IMO, what I'd pick is the OLOy kit, cause one, RGB at that price is really not that bad, and two, that is a very decent price for a 16GB 3200MHz CL16 kit.

<famous quote>

2 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Budget aside, as General Knowledge, a 3600 with CL 18 is faster than 3200 with CL 16, technically it's not "not worth it". In any case, a 3200 is plenty fast. Coming to your question, I haven't heard of OLOy, I don't know what chips they use inside. If you see multiple good reviews you could go for it. I'd recommend G.Skill, but HyperX isn't bad. Your dad may have had some bad experiences with it, as you can understand I don't know why he's recommending against going for it. This happens with electronics. But then, I'm not an expert and am not aware of them having problems. Could be, though.

7 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Hmm, alright.

I've seen good reviews about OLOy, the bad ones are just the sellers giving customers the wrong memory speed.

Thanks for your help, will finalize the RAM.

<famous quote>

3 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Hmm, alright.

I've seen good reviews about OLOy, the bad ones are just the sellers giving customers the wrong memory speed.

Thanks for your help, will finalize the RAM.

Well, then you can go for it. Brand of RAM doesn't really matter, what matters is from where they are sourcing the chips. Only a few companies like Samsung, Crucial, Hynix etc. make DRAM...