Is gpu fans turning on and off bad

SquiddyButler
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

It's not bad for the GPU or they wouldn't incorporate it.
You can make your own fan setup using MSI Afterburner (Settings/Custom Fan Control)
Click to add a data point,...Raise the 50*c mark (where it'll always stay on under load) to around 25-30% fan speeds.

I just got help with one problem of my gpu, but that led to another. My fans start at 55 degrees to 30 power on the fans but when i game the average temp is 55 so every few seconds they just turn on and off. Is this bad for the card? Thanks

It's not bad for the GPU or they wouldn't incorporate it.
You can make your own fan setup using MSI Afterburner (Settings/Custom Fan Control)
Click to add a data point,...Raise the 50*c mark (where it'll always stay on under load) to around 25-30% fan speeds.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

I just got help with one problem of my gpu, but that led to another. My fans start at 55 degrees to 30 power on the fans but when i game the average temp is 55 so every few seconds they just turn on and off. Is this bad for the card? Thanks

No, you can likely manage this in settings however if you do not like it and adjust the temp they do turn on at.

31 minutes ago, SquiddyButler said:

If you change the settings to 45 degrees it will be ok, or if your game got a heavier load it will surpass the starting point of the fan. The reason it behaving in such away is because you set kind at the current operating temp of the card.