chipset 500 after update bios to support 5000 series can i still use 2000 series?

Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

Yes you can.

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

I have motherboard x570 and I want to upgrade the bios now, so in the future when I buy AMD 5000 series (I have not buy yet) I don't have to update the bios again.

After I update the bios, can I still use my 2000 series cpu?

There's a lot of topic about after update the bios, but I have not seen after update use previous cpu (the 2000 series).

Please don't bully me. I'm new in tech hardware or software.

I wouldn’t worry about bullying too much here.  This isn’t Reddit.  There is apparently some weirdness with x570 and USB atm.  It’s apparently being looked into.  There’s a post in the news section about it

as for bios update that may depend on the specific motherboard in question.  The problem is some of the cheaper boards have smaller bios chips that hold hold code for fewer chip types. It may literally depend on your motherboard model. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yes you can.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I wouldn’t worry about bullying too much here.  This isn’t Reddit.  There is apparently some weirdness with x570 and USB atm.  It’s apparently being looked into.  There’s a post in the news section about it

as for bios update that may depend on the specific motherboard in question.  The problem is some of the cheaper boards have smaller bios chips that hold hold code for fewer chip types. It may literally depend on your motherboard model. 

thank you for make me not worry about bullying in this forum.

To be specified my motherboard is msi x570 gaming plus, I'm using AMD 2400G

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes you can.

thank you. I'll try update my bios.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv