RTX 3080 microstutters in Heaven benchmark and some games

hauch

Hey i was wondering what the issue is if i get microstutters / tiny lag spikes, idk how long but probably around 0.5ms all the time in Heaven benchmark and games like CS:GO, and when i play games like Valhalla and Hitman 3 i dont notice any at all. I'm at work right now thinking about it was annoying me but i belive i got around 275-280 fps - 1440p, high, fullscreen, vsync+gsync off, power on performance mode, and quality at performance in nvidia control panel with newest drivers. No overclock on RTX 3080 TUF and temps around 55-60c. 

3080 TUF - Stock

10900k - Stock

32gb - xmp 3600mhz

850watt gold corsair

Monitor connected to GPU with dp cable: 1440p 165hz 1 ms

Monitor connected to Motherboard with hdmi cable: 4K, 60hz 

Thanks for help.

Hi hauch:

I have never encounter this issue personally, but here are something to consider. Microstutters occurs when you FPS and the monitor refresh rate are not the same but too close if you can lock your refresh rate to 165FPS using softward it should fix the problem. If it dosen't First try to unplug the hdmi cable to motherboard to the 4K 60HZ from the motherboard. While doing that also play and unplug your DP cable, to see if that helps. And if the problem persists, try to resit your graphic card and if that doesn't help your best bet is to get a new DP cable. Since that not all DP cables are created euqal and FPS counts only tells the FPS based on computing power, the actual display information gets transfered depends on the DP cable itself.

Good Luck~!

Heaven/Valley and those benchmarks ALL stutter on a scene change (on the First loop) loading assets.
Hit ENTER on each scene to move to the next one..Skip each section of the Full Loop at first, then run a second loop, it won't stutter.

Outside of that, I'll leave the other remarks to other peoples experiences.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

there barely is any game or application that doesn't drop frames - which from the sound of it is what's bothering you, not 'micro stutter' - that's something else entirely and is usually caused by insufficient programming skills of the developers, so if those little and totally normal frame drops bother you I suggest either using Gsync or Vsync - it's precisely why those exist, to prevent 'stutters' and tearing - and the 'input' lag is minimal, especially at high framerates so I don't see how that would be an issue (even though many seem to be convinced it is, even though human reaction time is actually slower than a few ms, more like 20-30ms (or more) on average afaik) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity