i need to find a proper cooler mount for this proprietary HP motherboard (AMD cooler)

Go to solution Solved by LST0032FV,

Ok took a while but found the stupid manual.

Computer was an HP Compaq Elite 8300 Convertible Minitower PC.

c03612799.pdf

i own a very annoying piece of hardware from some HP system i need to figure out what it is and what cooler goes on it, the mount looks like a AMD am2 am3 or am4 cooler type but its like an inch larger also the mother board socket is LGA 1155 DDR3 4 DIMM board with no specific name or really and identifying part type is says Foxconn one the CPU socket underside but its just weird ALSO i need to get info on the pin layout for the front panel headers her are the images (srry for bad lighting) Displaying 20210301_191414_HDR.jpgDisplaying 20210301_191443_HDR.jpgDisplaying 20210301_191406_HDR.jpgDisplaying 20210301_191358_HDR.jpgDisplaying 20210301_191428_HDR.jpg

Pics are failing for me. The structures for coolers that matter is how big the holes are, how far apart they are in all directions, and how high surrounding structures are.  Intel cooler sizing is by far the most common.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

also it has USB 3.0 usb ports on the io but no connecters on the board...

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Pics are failing for me

you can find tons of images of this board online its just they all say its a different PC that it goes in HP 8300 8000 6000 3200 

20210301_191414_HDR.jpg

20210301_191428_HDR.jpg

20210301_191358_HDR.jpg

20210301_191406_HDR.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Pics are failing for me. The structures for coolers that matter is how big the holes are, how far apart they are in all directions, and how high surrounding structures are.  Intel cooler sizing is by far the most common.

well it isn't any of these

• AM2
  • AM2+
  • AM3
  • AM3+
  • AM4
  • FM1
  • FM2
  • FM2+
  • LGA1150
  • LGA1151
  • LGA1155
  • LGA1156
  • LGA1200
  • LGA1366

Looks like someone stretched the AM4 mounting holes horizontally to me.

An LGA3647 cooler might fit.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Looks like someone stretched the AM4 mounting holes horizontally to me.

An LGA3647 cooler might fit.

idk it doesn't have a backplate on it or anything maybe a pinner cooler will work? 

Just now, baconman699 said:

idk it doesn't have a backplate on it or anything maybe a pinner cooler will work? 

What's a "pinner cooler"?
I say LGA3647 because it's got the same big rectangular profile - it's just got holes instead of posts.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I say LGA3647 because it's got the same big rectangular profile - it's just got holes instead of posts.

like a pinner stock cooler from intel like the little plastic feet since there is no post 

Just now, baconman699 said:

like a pinner stock cooler from intel like the little plastic feet since there is no post 

The problem is that the holes won't line up. The regular holes-in-a-square design has been stretched, so you'll be off-center and hitting the VRMs.

elephants

I'd just get a 1366 cooler and then zip tie it

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

28 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Pinner is a slang term meaning weak or inadequate.  A cheap low capacity cooler I think.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

The problem is that the holes won't line up. The regular holes-in-a-square design has been stretched, so you'll be off-center and hitting the VRMs.

“Holes in a square” is intel.  The motherboard name is pretty prominent though: it’s an HP carver rev A.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

“Holes in a square” is intel.

It's the time of night where my brain just forgets the most obvious of things to name something and does that instead.

Again, I think LGA3647 coolers would work fine...

elephants

34 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

I'd just get a 1366 cooler and then zip tie it

I would recommend that too.

Works like a charm, I refuse to pay $2 for the replacement cooler that doesn't even cool.

20210303_002345.thumb.jpg.8fc8238702cb0a044e51fc93eadcaf97.jpg

Forgot to leave u with the layout for that mobo.

HpCompaqElite8300ConvertibleMinitowerPcReferenceGuide143566-User-Guide-Page-4.thumb.png.20c8766f016d36de07c806eaec07ad80.png

Edited by LST0032FV
forgot pic with layout

c03612799.pdf

Wowsers!  That’s some antique stuff.  Got the part number for the cooler anyway.  Whoever said “pinner cooler” was correct.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:58 PM, LST0032FV said:

c03612799.pdf 2.75 MB · 6 downloads

fucking finally! thank you!!! first off the power connecter was a pain in the ass so that manual solved everything also SCREW HP for this!!!! if there ever was a company that could say fuck the industry wide standards it's HP, the cooler should be fine in my system but i want to mount a 92mm fan to it (don't care if i have to ziptie it) also the mounting system is so weird, but im happy you all are so resourceful thanks for the help with troubleshooting this problem, this was harder than dealing with my K8N neo anyway im gonna go but a new cooler