Media center htpc keyboard?

Boomer0108

I am in need of a new media center keyboard. I'm currently using the Logitech k400, and generally speaking I love it. What I don't love, is that I'm on my fourth k400 in two years, and it's broken already.

Tired of giving logitech money for the same product again and again.

What I need: wireless keyboard and mouse combo. 

Preferably under $50. 

Any suggestions?

Rubber dome has the advantage of being quiet.  Mechanical switches last longer but are louder.  Even the quietest ones. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

58 minutes ago, Euchre said:

In what way is it breaking, over and over again?

The first one, the track pad stopped working. Second one, the mouse keys stopped working. Third one, the power switch stopped sliding. This fourth one, the keyboard keys don't work (except P. That seems to work...). The escape key thinks it's the windows key. 

23 minutes ago, Boomer0108 said:

The first one, the track pad stopped working. Second one, the mouse keys stopped working. Third one, the power switch stopped sliding. This fourth one, the keyboard keys don't work (except P. That seems to work...). The escape key thinks it's the windows key. 

None of those are rubber dome problems. They sound like dirt or shock problems.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 2 years later...