Rog strix b450-f not boosting ryzen 3600

Jack93

Having a bit of an issue with my rog strix b450-f mobo not letting my ryzen 3600 boost above 3.78ghz
pbo is all set to auto, iv even tried just enable but still no joy
old msi motherboard used to boost to 4.2 with no issues
This is just stuck at 3.78ghz and will not move
just done a bios update just in case but no change
Let a cinebench run just to be sure it wasn't the monitoring program but still scores are way down compared to previous motherboard.

Can overclock to 4.4ghz no problem but I don’t want to be sat at that all the time 

any ideas? 

I wonder if this is from hot swapping the drive and leaving the old MSI drivers and installing Asus chipset drivers on top of them

Maybe uninstall the MSI and Asus drivers (In safe mode if need be) and try just the Asus chipset drivers.

If you have Ryzen master installed, remove that first. Then do the chipset drivers, install RM last.

Still in a jam, can always try a fresh windows install.

54 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I wonder if this is from hot swapping the drive and leaving the old MSI drivers and installing Asus chipset drivers on top of them

Maybe uninstall the MSI and Asus drivers (In safe mode if need be) and try just the Asus chipset drivers.

If you have Ryzen master installed, remove that first. Then do the chipset drivers, install RM last.

Still in a jam, can always try a fresh windows install.

i think iv removed everything that was to do with the old motherboard. i have a friend with the same motherboard and processor and his is boosting to 4.2 no issues . i may have to try another drive and install windows and see if that changes anything, if it does then at lease i know its driver related