AMD Radeon 6700XT vs NVIDIA 3060TI

MacSauce

My rig utilizes an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 cpu. I've been reading that the upcoming 6700xt should be the comparable for the 3060ti. I also read that combining an AMD processor with an AMD gpu can have performance advantages over an NVIDIA gpu. 

Now, availability aside (because either of these are going to be hard to get for months) which should I go for? 

Just now, MacSauce said:

I also read that combining an AMD processor with an AMD gpu can have performance advantages over an NVIDIA gpu.

Only with Smart Access Memory, which only works with Ryzen 5000.

So this is not true in your case.

elephants

Availability and cost aside, unless you need the extra vRAM or want to have a completely "Team RED" PC, I would go with 3060ti. the 3060ti is basically the same as a 3070, especially if you OC it. In addition, you can only use "Smart Access Memory" (AKA - resizable bar) if you are rocking both a 6000 series gpu and a 5000 cpu. Any other configuration doesn't get you the same performance boost.

That being said, they are both amazing values and performances for the retail MSRP when it comes to gaming, so which ever one you can get first will be good enough to handle any modern game at 1080p ultra+

The Black Garnet

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

MOBO: Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Pro (wifi)

RAM:  Crucial Ballistix 64GB Kit (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3600 CL-16

GPU: XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT

CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow (Black)

Boot: SSD: Samsung 980 PRO Internal NVMe 1TB
Storage: SSD: Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

Cooling: AIO: MSI MAG Core Liquid 240R