I've seen Linus weaing the Apple watch question

So, i daily drive an android phone, and i don't wanna switch to Iphone.
But.
I got an apple watch Series 5 44mm as a "gift" from the workplace, it will arrive in a couple of days.
I've read many different thing and I see Linus having it on his wrist every day.
So.
What actualy wouldn't I be able to do?
Will i be able to call? Will i get email? or whatsapp or whater message app i use on it?
Will i get calendar notification?
Will i be able to set it up?
Would i be better of selling it right away?

Yeah Iirc an apple watch with an andriod phone isn't going to work very well. I'm not sure of the exact implications but at the minimum most of the features of the watch are going to be severely limited. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

An Apple Watch really won't work well at all without having an iPhone. Just another one of the wonderful perks of owning an apple device...

This article sums up the extent to which you'll be able to utilize it pretty well: https://www.lifewire.com/connect-apple-watch-to-android-4175370#:~:text=The short answer is no,they will refuse to connect.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

6 minutes ago, Regel91 said:

So, i daily drive an android phone, and i don't wanna switch to Iphone.
But.
I got an apple watch Series 5 44mm as a "gift" from the workplace, it will arrive in a couple of days.
I've read many different thing and I see Linus having it on his wrist every day.
So.
What actualy wouldn't I be able to do?
Will i be able to call? Will i get email? or whatsapp or whater message app i use on it?
Will i get calendar notification?
Will i be able to set it up?
Would i be better of selling it right away?

You can't get it started unless you have an iPhone (or, if it's a cellular model, as a "family" device linked to someone else's iPhone). I wouldn't be surprised if Apple eventually allows independent setup, but it's safe to presume the watch won't sync with Android phones.

Linus wears the Apple Watch in part as a commentary on the sad condition of smartwatches on Android. The Apple Watch is so far above the competition right now that it's almost tragic; it's a legitimately good reason to switch to an iPhone.

1 minute ago, Commodus said:

You can't get it started unless you have an iPhone (or, if it's a cellular model, as a "family" device linked to someone else's iPhone). I wouldn't be surprised if Apple eventually allows independent setup, but it's safe to presume the watch won't sync with Android phones.

Linus wears the Apple Watch in part as a commentary on the sad condition of smartwatches on Android. The Apple Watch is so far above the competition right now that it's almost tragic; it's a legitimately good reason to switch to an iPhone.

If i were able to set it up, by using a friend Iphone, do u know if I would  been able to get notification for my apps?

5 minutes ago, Regel91 said:

If i were able to set it up, by using a friend Iphone, do u know if I would  been able to get notification for my apps?

Zero chance, I'm afraid. When I mentioned it won't sync with Android phones, I'm not kidding; it's designed to link with the iOS notification system and iOS apps. It works wonderfully in that ecosystem (I have an Apple Watch S5 myself), but I suspect you'd lose a lot of the magic of the Apple Watch if it had to work with Android as well.