Reddish Glow/Pixilation of Black Outlines and Texts on Monitor

Hey all!

I am running a dual pixio px248 prime monitor set up, both of which are running 1080p @144hz on DP. As of late, my main monitor has been showing reddish discoloration around black outlines and texts in videos, especially if the the black lines are against a warm background. This is not happening with my secondary monitor at all. In fact, both monitors are running at the same settings and both are plugged into an RTX 3070 FE. I have dried resetting my display settings and the monitors, but the only thing that seems to work is either switching to HDMI or using DSR to scale my main monitor, neither of which are as sharp or responsive. you can see the pictures taken from each of my monitors to see the difference in coloration. Do you guys have any advice or suggestions hon how to fix this? Should I just cut my loses and RMA it? Thank for the help!

*Update: I have found that this problem is browser exclusive. When "hardware acceleration" is enabled on chrome, and I am playing a video at 1080p or higher, black text or outlines will gain a reddish glow around them when they are against warm backgrounds. In addition, the warm color background appears to bleed into everything around it. When I turn off "hardware acceleration" the image looks normal, sharp, and clean. I have observed this issue on other chromium based browsers, but the problem does not occur when using Firefox. The smaller I reduce the window, the more the color bleeds and the text becomes illegible. I would like to find a permanent fix for this issue if anyone can help.

748356034_Monitor2_Example1.jpg

995534633_Monitor1_example1.jpg

**UPDATE: I found that it was a driver issue with my 3070 AND a compatibility issue with google chrome. By switching to a non-chromium based browser, like Firefox, or turning of Hardware acceleration, the problem resolves itself.

Edited by FoodOcean
new information

The Black Garnet

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

MOBO: Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Pro (wifi)

RAM:  Crucial Ballistix 64GB Kit (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3600 CL-16

GPU: XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT

CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow (Black)

Boot: SSD: Samsung 980 PRO Internal NVMe 1TB
Storage: SSD: Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

Cooling: AIO: MSI MAG Core Liquid 240R

1 hour ago, FoodOcean said:

Hey all!

I am running a dual pixio px248 prime monitor set up, both of which are running 1080p @144hz on DP. As of late, my main monitor has been showing reddish discoloration around black outlines and texts in videos, especially if the the black lines are against a warm background. This is not happening with my secondary monitor at all. In fact, both monitors are running at the same settings and both are plugged into an RTX 3070 FE. I have dried resetting my display settings and the monitors, but the only thing that seems to work is either switching to HDMI or using DSR to scale my main monitor, neither of which are as sharp or responsive. you can see the pictures taken from each of my monitors to see the difference in coloration. Do you guys have any advice or suggestions hon how to fix this? Should I just cut my loses and RMA it? Thank for the help!

748356034_Monitor2_Example1.jpg

995534633_Monitor1_example1.jpg

here are 2 more examples:

1318205923_Monitor2_example2.jpg

520130913_Monitor1_example2.jpg

The Black Garnet

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

MOBO: Asus Tuf X570 Gaming Pro (wifi)

RAM:  Crucial Ballistix 64GB Kit (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3600 CL-16

GPU: XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT

CASE: Corsair 4000D Airflow (Black)

Boot: SSD: Samsung 980 PRO Internal NVMe 1TB