Clicking on timestamp in DM's left panel should bring me to the last post in that DM

Moonzy

Clicking on timestamp in DM's left panel should bring me to the last post in that DM

that would make it more consistent with the rest of the site and easier to use, I am interested in latest replies rather than first few messages

and perhaps a way to click and link me to unread message (rather than the last message) in the DM

i know the mail icon at top does that but... i wish it was viable at the left panel too

this timestamp, if it wasnt clear

image.png.00f09e35c8d6a1f722b197d5900a3233.png

I can understand if it's a niche use case because... not many people use DM(?)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It makes sense (and I've already made changes so the actual links in the list, if you open in a new tab, will do that), but it's not super straight forward to change that list - there are 5 layers of indirection between clicking the link and it actually loading the message, and trying to pass the information all the way though is pretty likely to end up causing other issues. Opening in a new tab, or opening from the message menu at the top, should do that though.

HTTP/2 203

17 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It makes sense (and I've already made changes so the actual links in the list, if you open in a new tab, will do that), but it's not super straight forward to change that list - there are 5 layers of indirection between clicking the link and it actually loading the message, and trying to pass the information all the way though is pretty likely to end up causing other issues. Opening in a new tab, or opening from the message menu at the top, should do that though.

it's very flaky but i'll take it

you can only middle click if your cursor is on the text (name of the msg) rather than the box

but that's good enough if it's a lot of effort to implement it properly.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately