I need some help about AMD Bios Support please

First off: I have my reasons for sticking with this specific platform and I don't want to discuss "Why I'm wanting X and Y". I just want a simple "yes or no" answer.

I want to buy and use X470 and X470 only. And not X570. I will not discuss my reasoning because it has nothing to do with this thread.

I want MSI X470 motherboards. Again: My reasoning has nothing to do with it. I want those and those are what I'm spending my money on.

Supposedly from all of the research I have done, the MSI M7 Gaming AC is the biggest X470 board from MSI with the biggest VRM. There's a monoblock water block for it for the VRM's as well from EK. It supports SLI (This is important to me, please let's not discuss that here either). It will do everything I want. This is the board I want.

What I'm trying to find out: I see some people on ebay selling the M7 Gaming AC either used or refurbished and often times they say "Updated to the latest bios!" as if that's a good thing. It's not. Right now my computer is using this configuration: AsRock X370 Taichi with a Ryzen 5 2600, OC stable @ 4.2 ghz all-core. My question and concern: If I bought a MSI M7 Gaming AC motherboard that (as of today and the time of writing this post) has the latest bios on it, will I be able to use my Ryzen 5 2600 in it out of the box? Will I have to buy a 5000 series chip to go with it? I want to just upgrade the board right now, then save up some money and get a 5000 series chip either this fall or next spring.

The reason I am asking: Some X470 motherboards (I do not know if this is the case with this board) have small bios chips. The motherboard makers can only have bios support for 2 CPU families at a time. Some boards they released a bios for the 3000 series chips and the bios removed support for the 1000 series (2000 and 3000 only). And then later some manufacturers for the X470 boards released these updated bioses just in Jan 2021 for 5000 series support and then they only support the 3000 series and 5000 series and they removed support for 1000 series and 2000 series. But there's no way to know what chips are supported in what bios versions so they don't tell us.

If I buy this MSI M7 Gaming AC on the latest bios, is it going to fail to POST with my R5 2600 chip?

2 minutes ago, AquaVixen said:

First off: I have my reasons for sticking with this specific platform and I don't want to discuss "Why I'm wanting X and Y". I just want a simple "yes or no" answer.

I want to buy and use X470 and X470 only. And not X570. I will not discuss my reasoning because it has nothing to do with this thread.

I want MSI X470 motherboards. Again: My reasoning has nothing to do with it. I want those and those are what I'm spending my money on.

Supposedly from all of the research I have done, the MSI M7 Gaming AC is the biggest X470 board from MSI with the biggest VRM. There's a monoblock water block for it for the VRM's as well from EK. IT supports SLI (This is important to me, please let's not discuss that here either). It will do everything I want.

What I'm trying to find out: I see some people on ebay selling the M7 Gaming AC either used or refurbished and often times they say "Updated to the latest bios!" as if that's a good thing. It's not. Right now my computer is using this configuration: AsRock X370 Taichi with a Ryzen 5 2600, OC stable @ 4.2 ghz all-core. My question and concern: If I bought a MSI M7 Gaming AC motherboard that (as of today and the time of writing this post) has the latest bios on it, will I be able to use my Ryzen 5 2600 in it out of the box? Will I have to buy a 5000 series chip to go with it? I want to just upgrade the board right now, then save up some money and get a 5000 series chip either this fall or next spring.

The reason I am asking: Some X470 motherboards (I do not know if this is the case with this board) have small bios chips. The motherboard makers can only have bios support for 2 CPU families at a time. Some boards they released a bios for the 3000 series chips and the bios removed support for the 1000 series (2000 and 3000 only). And then later some manufacturers for the X470 boards released these updated bioses just in Jan 2021 for 5000 series support and then they only support the 3000 series and 5000 series and they removed support for 1000 series and 2000 series. But there's no way to know what chips are supported in what bios versions so they don't tell us.

If I buy this MSI M7 Gaming AC on the latest bios, is it going to fail to POST with my R5 2600 chip?

Likely not.  It should be fine. There's a lot of things I'd like to mention here about your choices, but if you don't want advice sobeit 🤷‍♂️

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Likely not.  It should be fine. There's a lot of things I'd like to mention here about your choices, but if you don't want advice sobeit 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for answering my question. This is why I posted this in the LTT forums instead of elsewhere on the internet. I just want my question answered, not big discussions and flame wars.

7 minutes ago, AquaVixen said:

Will I have to buy a 5000 series chip to go with it?

no. it will work with your cpu straight out of a box.

Also I do understand your "i want this for no reason" since I do have that aswell.

I go for some brand (Asus) even if there are better options. Some people wont understand it. Im not a fanboy only really organized and stubborn.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

no. it will work with your cpu straight out of a box.

Also I do understand your "i want this for no reason" since I do have that aswell.

I go for some brand (Asus) even if there are better options. Some people wont understand it. Im not a fanboy only really organized and stubborn.

I want to do certain things with my computer (that I will not mention here) that are unpopular things to do with computers today in 2021. If I mention them it will start arguments, flame wars, and turn this thread in to a 50+ page cespool of random people trying to tell me not to buy something I want to buy or try to talk me out of my decision. I might would tell you in DM's if you're interested but not publically. Thank you. I have my answer.

1 minute ago, AquaVixen said:

If I mention them it will start arguments, flame wars, and turn this thread in to a 50+ page cespool of random people trying to tell me not to buy something I want to buy or try to talk me out of my decision.

Usually yes. But that only really happens when the OP does not tell enough information or any information at all. Then people start questioning their choices. But you have a lot of info so that did not happen.

Also if the bios update would drop out the Ryzen 2000 support don you think it is mentioned in Msi's website somewhere?

Also you cna always ask the seller if they can roll back the bios for older version.

3 minutes ago, AquaVixen said:

I might would tell you in DM's if you're interested but not publically.

Sure why not! I will go to sleep soon tho. it is 11pm in my country

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)