Corsair 750D vs 780T for Airflow Cooling new AMD 5900 / 5950X Buil?

Meduszala

I am old fashioned as far as still not willing to give up my Optical 5.25 Drive bays for my new 5900 maybe 5950 x 380 build when parts

come back in stock.  I like mostly a steel chasis  since Aluminum can dent and warp relatively easily since its such a soft metal. 

I was wondering for those that have these old case designs from Corsair what would you choose for better airflow since I am not water cooling.

If there are other cases that you would recommend that meat the full steel case size design with optical 5.25 drive bays spec and good for air cooling 

within $100 or so of these price points I'd be open as well.

2 minutes ago, Meduszala said:

I am old fashioned as far as still not willing to give up my Optical 5.25 Drive bays for my new 5900 maybe 5950 x 380 build when parts

come back in stock.  I like mostly a steel chasis  since Aluminum can dent and warp relatively easily since its such a soft metal. 

I was wondering for those that have these old case designs from Corsair what would you choose for better airflow since I am not water cooling.

If there are other cases that you would recommend that meat the full steel case size design with optical 5.25 drive bays spec and good for air cooling 

within $100 or so of these price points I'd be open as well.

I'd honestly just go for a focus g. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

750D for sure. The 780T looks kind of cheesy. The Focus G would be good too. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

25 minutes ago, Meduszala said:

Enthoo Pro M TG is a solid option

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2mQRsY/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es515ptg_bk

Cougar's mx330 and331 series are also good and inexpensive, but they dont come with fans pre installed

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/V8Dkcf/cougar-mx331-mesh-x-atx-mid-tower-case-mx331-mesh-x

Full list

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#t=4,3&G=1,12&X=0,11017

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Cougar's mx330 and331 series are also good and inexpensive, but they dont come with fans pre installed

they come with 1 fan in the back

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

they come with 1 fan in the back

True, but 750D and 780T I believe both came with 140mm's at the front for intake. It's more to note that it doesnt come with enough fans to exactly match the airflow power of the aforementioned. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

True, but 750D and 780T I believe both came with 140mm's at the front for intake. It's more to note that it doesnt come with enough fans to exactly match the airflow power of the aforementioned. 

but the 750d and t are way more expensive so... you could buy the 330 and buy nutura fans and probly beat the 750d in temps

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

but the 750d and t are way more expensive so... you could buy the 330 and buy nutura fans and probly beat the 750d in temps

Correct, which is why I made sure to list it as an option, but note the difference in price is due to a lack of fans. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Correct, which is why I made sure to list it as an option, but note the difference in price is due to a lack of fans. 

oh my bad