Using a psu adapter to connect to acer aspire tc-875-ur13

Wateeeerrr

I am trying to use a normal psu for this build and it had a weird psu, a 6 pin connecter, but then I found this 24 pin to 6 pin connector, 

https://www.amazon.com/Supply-Female-Connector-Compaq-Microtower/dp/B089KQ2Q92/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8

Will there be a problem when using something like this that it doesn't give enough power?

20210301_144826_HDR2.jpg

It could happen if you get a PSU with multiple rails. Then only some of the PSU will be used.  A 500w PSU might have only 350w on the 12v rail or something. If you get a single rail PSU though, no.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Powersupplies with 24 pin ATX have 5VSB. Your motherboard only works with 12VSB. You can not replace the psu with a 'normal' ATX psu.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It could happen if you get a PSU with multiple rails. Then only some of the PSU will be used.  A 500w PSU might have only 350w on the 12v rail or something. If you get a single rail PSU though, no.

what is a psu with multiple rails?

11 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

what is a psu with multiple rails?

Some PSUs are a Burl like multiple PSUs stuck together.  There’s the 12v, the 5v, and the 3.3v it is also possible to just generate 12v and covert down. The majority of PSUs do that now.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Some PSUs are a Burl like multiple PSUs stuck together.  There’s the 12v, the 5v, and the 3.3v it is also possible to just generate 12v and covert down. The majority of PSUs do that now.

So what kind of psu should i get?

6 minutes ago, Blxnkd said:

So what kind of psu should i get?

If you’ve got the cash it’s likely that the company that did the machine (aspire in this case) will sell something appropriate.  You’ll want to call them or visit their site with the model number from the old PSU. Outside of that it’s catch-as-catch-can.   I don’t know that model so I’m hesitant to make a suggestion.  It very well could be a standard12vo PSU, but the company may also have done something non-standard.  I just don’t know.